Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Has stabilized since....b260a: 2 to 4 mb during peak hours and 4.5-6 mb off peak so i cant complain.

1775968591.png

hspa+ modem picked up slightly better speeds in off peak hours 6-8.5 mb so i cant complain

1775973843.png

Note that im in a rural area and this means very few users - these speeds seem to be more of the exception rather than the rule when it comes to usually crappy midband products

1775982114.png

Some good speeds there on HSPA+ not even sure if we got HSPA+ around here i've no hardware capable of those speeds yet,
    Probably lucky your on a rural cell:p with Three their network is fairly crap in built up areas really slow here at peak times,

1786197705.png

ill do a test as it gets later it should speed up even more:D

bijou wrote: »
    Just for the hell of it (literally!!)

http://speedtest.net/result/1785753392.png

That test couldn't have been done on 3G ?
    I'm guessing GPRS or EDGE..2G !! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

jay93 wrote: »
    Just for the hell of it (literally!!)

http://speedtest.net/result/1785753392.png

Nope i got one of those on a 5 bar hspa connection a couple weeks ago. It does happen.

1752569522.png

:mad::mad::mad:

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Nope definately on 3G - this is about normal for me :mad:
    It's took me about a year to convince o2 I'm in a 3G coverage area - they've resorted to telling me they've taken me off contract and I can cancel when I want to - only problem is this is the only form of "broadband" I can get where I am :rolleyes: (that term is used very loosely I might add :( )

• Advertisement

Here it is

lol now I don't feel like I'm imagining things :D

lol now I don't feel like I'm imagining things :D

Trust me mate - its a lot more widespread than most people are aware of - god if i had the money id initiate a full scale survey of all areas in ireland and get as many speedtests together as possible to map out the rubbish nature of this 3g technology

Trust me mate - its a lot more widespread than most people are aware of - god if i had the money id initiate a full scale survey of all areas in ireland and get as many speedtests together as possible to map out the rubbish nature of this 3g technology

lol - but haven't the powers that be decided we have sufficient BB, so no need for REAL surveys :rolleyes:
    Oh for a 1mb download speed :cool:

lol - but haven't the powers that be decided we have sufficient BB, so no need for REAL surveys :rolleyes:
    Oh for a 1mb download speed :cool:

We could do with an independent survey :P still 3g is not real broadband because ye cant guarantee any sort of quality on it anywhere - no minimum speeds or latency guaranteed anywhere :(

We will be seeing things aka tripping hard lol if a day should come when Ireland has a full national fibre network for consumers - one was proposed by labour before the election under the name of NETCO but no sign or mention of it since

We could do with an independent survey :P still 3g is not real broadband because ye cant guarantee any sort of quality on it anywhere - no minimum speeds or latency guaranteed anywhere :(

We will be seeing things aka tripping hard lol if a day should come when Ireland has a full national fibre network for consumers - one was proposed by labour before the election under the name of NETCO but no sign or mention of it since

To be fair there was ALOT proposed by Labour and the rest of 'em before the election....... :P

• Advertisement

got my zoom 4501 router today (plugged in my e1820) - am delighted with it so far - :D

1789151128.png

57426031.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Condi wrote: »

God help the other users on my cell :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alasdair606

1793953285.png

this is the best ive got in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alasdair606

lowest ever ping as well :O

57587303.png

57744096.png

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1803348013.png

Just got the E586 today with Three have HSPA+ here which other networks dont seeing bursts upto 10Mb/s and times!

Impressed so far :D

Has anyone gotten an ip like 31.200.xxx.xxx before off Three this is the first i have seen this i was aware of the 178.xxx.xxx.xxx and even the range of 92.xx etc

1803389570.png

1803399587.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Has anyone gotten an ip like 31.200.xxx.xxx before off Three this is the first i have seen this i was aware of the 178.xxx.xxx.xxx and even the range of 92.xx etc

Check warlikedaves posts he reported another IP address range in the ttt forum a while back, I would have checked my IP address daily for the last few years and not seen that one yet.

Found it > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76477167

Check warlikedaves posts he reported another IP address range in the ttt forum a while back, I would have checked my IP address daily for the last few years and not seen that one yet.

Nice speeds jay :) Ive yet to recieve a responce from three about this group of IP addresses - im not too sure if they are private ips or proper public ips but i am researching that and ill get back to ye if i find anything :)

Note that you need to use 3internet apn and also get an ip address with 92.xxx.xxx.xxx aka a proper full public address for full open nat and better quality voip capibility

1804559045.png
    1803286178.png

Have had some major speed and latency issues during peak times tho so am not happy with the consistancy of my connection at the moment - lets hope today turns out different otherwise another ear bashing is due to three :P

God darn it anyways:

1804604902.png

bloody hell

57958456.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

1805018841.png

Then this :confused:

57964631.png

1805556140.png

Best i've ever got service was stable during yesterday evening just not hitting speeds like this i was getting 4Mb/s earlier :)

1805711446.png

[IMG][/img]57991523.png

heres todays not anywhere as fast as last night !:p

1807026859.png

1807035918.png

Thanks for that link :)

Yeah i have never seen that ip range before on Three seems like they are only new ones right now it's using the 92 range of ips havn't got anymore of those new ones since the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Thanks for that link :)

Yeah i have never seen that ip range before on Three seems like they are only new ones right now it's using the 92 range of ips havn't got anymore of those new ones since the other night.

Just picked up a 31.200.xxx.xxx address myself, first time I've ever seen it. Is it an overflow address range you get when all the others are in use?

Best speeds here in a while, but the mornings are alway better will go to nothing later in the day.

1810445453.png

btw quick warning for anyone using speedtest.net check what you type as a typo might end you up in a world of pain I just mistyped the URL with two p's and one e and only safe out was to use task manager to kill the browser session.

Just picked up a 31.200.xxx.xxx address myself, first time I've ever seen it. Is it an overflow address range you get when all the others are in use?

Best speeds here in a while, but the mornings are alway better will go to nothing later in the day.

1810445453.png

btw quick warning for anyone using speedtest.net check what you type as a typo might end you up in a world of pain I just mistyped the URL with two p's and one e and only safe out was to use task manager to kill the browser session.

Am still looking into it but theres very little info about the 31 ip address range

1812153343.png

Great upload and pings on HSPA+ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Advertisement

I cant get a fast speed until after 12 am - latency has been going all over the place which is a worse killer - gladly take 2 mb if i was garenteed a stable ping but am getting neither. here is my best today

1813610980.png

That wont last 5 minutes - tried to excalate the case 6 times this week and no joy :mad: ill be back in bijou's result range again in the next 10 minutes

Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=194ms TTL=55
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=184ms TTL=55
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=733ms TTL=55
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=721ms TTL=55
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=119ms TTL=55

Advertisement