Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

1813683330.png

Heres mine right now not as great now til it gets later.

I have gotten the 31.200 a few times noticed a slight improvement in page loading but not alot better than the older ranges.

Can't get 11Mb/s here at home the tests i done above were done closer to the mast i seem to max out at around 8Mb/s here at home.:(

1813774154.png

Just tested Meteor there doesn't seem too bad latency ain't great tough..

1813779566.png

bijou wrote: »
    Superb speeds - once again :rolleyes:

1809550686.png

:mad:
    I wouldn't be able to put up with my internet being that slow o2 must be useless !!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

jay93 wrote: »
    :mad:
    I wouldn't be able to put up with my internet being that slow o2 must be useless !!;)

hahaha...... really considering getting my landline re-connected and have dial-up back again lol at least it'd be stable :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

hahaha...... really considering getting my landline re-connected and have dial-up back again lol at least it'd be stable :rolleyes:

I never got rid of it, at best all 3 Mobile Broadband does for me is keep the dial up phone bill down to a managable level :(

OK..... who switched the tap on???????

1819736160.png

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jesus!!!!!

1819969741.png

Now I really don't know what's going on here :confused: never seen anything like this before!!!!

(Probably spoke too soon :D:D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Nice bijou :)

1820136447.png

As for myself some semblence of normality has returned - now keep it stable please three!!

nice warlikedave :)
    Now I'm not complaining..... but surely I should feel a wee bit sceptical and wonder how long this'll last for..... hope I haven't spoke too soon!!!

http://speedtest.net/result/1822174262.png
    http://speedtest.net/result/1825245309.png
    http://speedtest.net/result/1825253584.png

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

1826030355.png

however this (below) happens nearly every two minutes for the last few hours and this issue can go on for days at an end

Reply from 217.115.115.104: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=123
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 217.115.115.104: bytes=32 time=2455ms TTL=123
    Reply from 217.115.115.104: bytes=32 time=2549ms TTL=123

speeds drop and latency rises to nearly 3000ms = 3 seconds :mad:

I never got rid of it, at best all 3 Mobile Broadband does for me is keep the dial up phone bill down to a managable level :(

Id stick with the land line if i had the choice - at least ye are garenteed a certain level of service

Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

:D..... "Request timed out" my 3 least favorite words......
    and those pings, have has them hit the high 4000's.... yep I feel for ya - honest I do!!!!!
    :o:o:o

and those pings, have has them hit the high 4000's.... yep I feel for ya - honest I do!!!!!

4200ms or there abouts was the highest ive seen tonight :P

Ooooh....... sounds like a challenge looming :P

Although gladly I might struggle (not often I can say that:D ) probably won't be long before it returns to "normal" though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1827308007.png

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Imagine Wimax Fixed installation in Longford.

1827475925.png

Ooooh....... sounds like a challenge looming :P

Although gladly I might struggle (not often I can say that:D ) probably won't be long before it returns to "normal" though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So here's a challenge for you ;) how are you getting replies of over 4000ms? I'm asking as Windows ping with no switches gives up after 4000ms with a "Request timed out".

Ping for XP
    -w Timeout : Specifies the amount of time, in milliseconds, to wait for the Echo Reply message that corresponds to a given Echo Request message to be received. If the Echo Reply message is not received within the time-out, the "Request timed out" error message is displayed. The default time-out is 4000 (4 seconds).

Surprisingly good on 3 for the time of day:1827672352.png

So here's a challenge for you ;) how are you getting replies of over 4000ms? I'm asking as Windows ping with no switches gives up after 4000ms with a "Request timed out".

Ping for XP

Surprisingly good on 3 for the time of day:1827672352.png

I'm on XP and I still managed to get these high pings (here's one result):
    http://speedtest.net/result/1705577990.png

Up until a few days ago this was common - don't know what's changed but if I can stay on or around 1mb d/l speed I'll be a happy bunny:D
    My issue with o2 hasn't been resolved, in fact they've taken me off contract and asked me to call them to cancel the whole thing (which I'm not gonna do as I literally have no other BB options alternatively I revert back to dial-up.... not gonna happen:rolleyes:).

Up until a few days ago this was common - don't know what's changed but if I can stay on or around 1mb d/l speed I'll be a happy bunny:D
    My issue with o2 hasn't been resolved, in fact they've taken me off contract and asked me to call them to cancel the whole thing (which I'm not gonna do as I literally have no other BB options alternatively I revert back to dial-up.... not gonna happen:rolleyes:).

Sorry thought you were using the cmd promt with the ping command like warlikedave and reporting the time taken for the Echo request from there. afaik (and I must check) I think speedtest.net times out its ping at 5000 ms.

Sorry thought you were using the cmd promt with the ping command like warlikedave and reporting the time taken for the Echo request from there. afaik (and I must check) I think speedtest.net times out its ping at 5000 ms.

No problem :)
    Although in using the cmd prompt I have had it hit the high 4000's before, not sure if I still have the screen shot - must have a look :)

• Advertisement

1826030355.png

however this (below) happens nearly every two minutes for the last few hours and this issue can go on for days at an end

Reply from 217.115.115.104: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=123
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Your connection has taken a serious nosedive is there any improvement at all?

1827880939.png

Mine is not great at all tonight to top it all off my DSL connection is gone a bit wonky aswell pings are flying over the 1000ms mark speeds drop to 0kb/s it's driving me crazy lol!!

TBH the Three connection is more stable than Eircom even :eek:

1827886922.png

few minutes later it's going faster already oh the joys of mobile BB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Three taking the proverbial piss today

1827826426.png

Thank fook the contract is up in a week

Onto another 3g yeaaaaaaaaaay damn illusive broadband

Am using the powershell ISE cmd version available in windows 7 with a few mods ;) have verified it with speedtest anyways. Its no competition when it comes to 3g technology..tis damn unreliable

Any improvement? Not really...it fluctuates between great speeds and pings to total collapse within a few minutes and then back again...it can stay stuck on collapse mode for a while. Unreliable it is lol

Hmmmm..... now this is the time of day when I'd expect the speeds to be really bad (ie, when the kids have come home from school facebooking/twittering it etc etc etc :D )

1829469921.png

Not that I'm complaining like :p

1831474353.png

Awaiting the buses full of school people to arrive then this won't be so fast then!

not that it gets bad slows to around 1Mb/s at worst most the time :)

58853130.png

jitter is very low on the connection today :)

1831739175.png

Man...... I'm loving this :D

58861090.png

And this is probably the lowest jitter I've seen as well :)

3's been better for the last week but its improved before only to get worse again later so only time will tell - the time of day is important.

1831764205.png

Signal strength on router shows at 16%

1832136893.png

Knew it was too good to be true........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can someone explain this?????

ping 360ms d/l speed -0.22Mbps u/l speed 0.20Mbps

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have tried to attach a screenshot but boards is telling me service is unavailable :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

just copy the forum code from speedtest.net and bobs your uncle

Advertisement