Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

:( Think I'll get me landline put back in and get the aul' dial-up going again :mad:

2021822317.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Router's done diddley done for, back to the dongle again FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Need to get a new Huawei b260 :(

2022042939.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alasdair606

Three being as good as ever...

2023744329.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alasdair606

great....

2030569039.png

Major problems connecting this last 2 weeks or so :( Have the E270 plugged into an Edimax 3G-6200n (have done for a year or so) with no major problems. Have noticed this last couple of weeks that that dongle has been disconnecting constantly and over the last few days not connecting at all. Have tried the dongle in a newer (2 months old) model router but still the same :( Yet when I plug dongle direct into laptop connection stays fairly stable (still disconnects but not as frequent) - although speeds are to put it politely..... rubbish

2047506270.png

o2 reckon they're looking into it.... don't hold out much hope though.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

2051060168.png

2051062032.png

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

1813758569.png

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

2058284705.png

Digiweb wireless, consistanly 15mb+

€44.99pm

delito wrote: »
    2058284705.png

Digiweb wireless, consistanly 15mb+

€44.99pm
    Not midband!

• Advertisement

get yer consistent fixed wireless outa here

we don't take kind to people of your type! :pac:

2058503806.png

25 a month from a e `73 dongle

need to get a new router again gaah these dongles are doing my noggin in

-=al=- wrote: »
    get yer consistent fixed wireless outa here

we don't take kind to people of your type! :pac:

Hahaha :D:D

Well, it seems o2 have done "something" please. please, please let it remain :rolleyes:

2059306745.png

Maybe they sucked all the power away from them poor folks in the UK :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

2060380760.png

Ah its that time of the evening again when everything slooows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

2060787073.png

:cool:

2061275646.png

Another this morning

2064514486.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

My galaxy note has a habit of doing that too lol

Speeds have been bloody dismal since i changed the router for the exact same one and have the exact same setup

2074369846.png

It's actually driving me nuts now, it's taking forever to connect to webpages now it's ridiculously different!

Sure it's all a bita fun

• Advertisement

Cell tower is finally back up after 40 days of nightmare :P

2076478523.png

dont mind AT and T - its Three Ireland.

Seriously having a giraffe now

2076517299.png

This is the worst I've ever seen it anytime over the last 15 months or so

What is the story!

Seriously having a giraffe now

2076517299.png

This is the worst I've ever seen it anytime over the last 15 months or so

What is the story!

Contention? Signal Loss? Any ideas at what is causing it?

absolutely no idea, i get 1.5Mb if im lucky now and just in general slower

Everything is the exact same, maybe the antenna in the router itself is not performing correctly i really don't know till i try an external antenna, which i posted about yesterday!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056707251

absolutely no idea, i get 1.5Mb if im lucky now and just in general slower

Everything is the exact same, maybe the antenna in the router itself is not performing correctly i really don't know till i try an external antenna, which i posted about yesterday!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056707251

It could be that there are more users on the same cell as yourself dude? That can eat into a persons speed and eventually latency :(

Could very well be but the service used to be 4-5mb download 2 or so upload with pings less than 50ms

Even the dongle seems to be performing better indoors though, I think I'll have to get this external antenna sorted to see what the story is

I get 5 bars of EDGE but only 1-2 of WCDMA or HS(U)PA which didn't happen at all the last time

Reaaaaaally annoying!

Could very well be but the service used to be 4-5mb download 2 or so upload with pings less than 50ms

Even the dongle seems to be performing better indoors though, I think I'll have to get this external antenna sorted to see what the story is

I get 5 bars of EDGE but only 1-2 of WCDMA or HS(U)PA which didn't happen at all the last time

Reaaaaaally annoying!

HSUPA is upload packet data protocol which is used within HSPA which is no good on its own - HSPA is what you should be seeing (combo of HSDPA and HSUPA) - The old HSDPA (pre HSPA days) standard used WCDMA for upload while using HSDPA for download.

Either-way - WCDMA is useless and it seems your router is getting stuck on HSUPA on occasion which is no good when ye need down as well as up in terms of data transfer.

Did ye ring meteor and ask them about the site?

2076648343.png

Yeah it changes between HSPA/HSDPA and WCDMA all the time but it's just not receiving signal as well as the last router I think

I went up on the roof with the lappy where it is beside the chimney and done loads of speedtests with 2 dongles and it was more normal speeds (3-4 down/2 up 50ms ping) with the same sim and network... the dongles even had 3/4 bars each of 3g So all I can take from that really is it doesn't seem to be anything to do with the signal meteor is sending out from its magical masts

The old router on the roof would get 5 bars constantly, yet this one barely gets 2 in the same location... Think it's time to try an external antenna and see if it's any use! Even indoors the signal is the same

Frustrating.com

also

annoying.net

also

BLOODYIRELANDANDITSCRAPPYINTERNETNONSENSE.ORG

Antenna's with a SMA-Male connector anyone?

Finally you have been hit with the Meteor 3G problem expect it to continue and never be fixed i had this exact issue in my own area and surrounding areas Meteor's network is sinking bad i have been talking to alot on Meteor and they are still having the same problems that i had when i signed up with the a few months back.

before with Meteor i would get 7-8Mb/s and nearly 4Mb/s on upload whatever has happened i then got a max of around 2Mb/s even during the night and the service would stop working full stop in the evening cannot load page etc conn timed out ....

I did find a small work around for PC's but i couldn't get it to work with the sim in my phone ...i noticed the problem was Meteor's DNS servers if i changed them to google or open dns it worked at full speed and i could actually get pages to load.

To me something is messed up in their own DNS server and has been on going for months i suggested this solution to other Meteor users and it worked for them.

If you already use alternate DNS already then something else must be the problem.

• Advertisement

2079779746.png

Has been great lately in the evening these speeds are typical for this past week or so before i would be down to below 1Mb/s at peak times.

Off peak 7mb/s to around 9Mb/s the norm for me i tested it closer to our local cell at night a got over 13Mb/s which for a mobile network is quite decent my old DSL wouldn't have a look in with this connection.

Advertisement