Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have full coverage(5 bars HSPA+) with 3 and my speeds with 3 will vary throughout the day, during peak hours (from around 6-12) I'll probably get between 1 and 2 Mb, during off peak hours I may average around 3mb. The service can be very hit and miss, lots of times i'll get around 0.5 Mb and the network goes down on a regular basis. I'd nearly stick with Vodafone, at least you're speeds are consistent. You wont really get anything faster with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

eirator wrote: »
    You'd be fcuking mad to swap a fixed line Broadband service for the NBS's Mobile Broadband service.

Thanks!!!

Thought so, at least you don't phuck around...ya tell it straight!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2824273070

this is my 3 connection right now speed varies alot ,waiting on sky to activate our DSL ,been using 3 for about 5 years now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

jay93 wrote: »
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2824273070

this is my 3 connection right now speed varies alot ,waiting on sky to activate our DSL ,been using 3 for about 5 years now .

for me, that would be brilliant!!

this is now, and is as good as it gets on my Voda DSL

2824421859.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Depends when you are using it, in many areas at peak times 6-10pm it is very slow, check the issues with the NBS in the talk to Three forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Got 17 down on vodafone 3G with an iPhone 5... Fairly impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

2826523581.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

2826699377.png

2824421859.png

I would tear my hair out if my connection was limited to that speed on DSL !

Is there no other option available in your area other than slow DSL ?

Heres mine today still going strong http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2836222134

Can't seem to get the image to paste direct into boards anymore i don't know why :(

• Advertisement

2841240292.png

2848082921.png

Bout as good as it gets round here :) sometimes see 8-9Mb/s down speed.

Not bad for 3G but no chance of seeing this speed during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Speeds gone to sh!te again :mad:

2854497719.png

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

I have to settle with this :mad::mad:

2858170540.png

mayo.mick wrote: »

2858170540.png

That's pure nasty. :(

2858170540.png

That's tragic :(

Dr.-Who.gif

(That .gif may take a few minutes)

speed tonight after the network was knocked out a couple of times by lightning :eek:

2858529633.png

2862839471.png

:eek:

• Advertisement

Vodafone piss poor the last few days :mad::mad:

2869640348.png

Vodafone piss poor the last few days :mad::mad:

2869640348.png

That's a disgusting result mayomick - have you been in touch with Voda to see what the problem is?

bijou wrote: »
    That's a disgusting result mayomick - have you been in touch with Voda to see what the problem is?

They are gone from the forum here, and its been a week since they answered on the support forum on their own website. Will have to resort to the auld dog & bone and hang on the line for half an hour (when i get half an hour to waste)

They are gone from the forum here, and its been a week since they answered on the support forum on their own website. Will have to resort to the auld dog & bone and hang on the line for half an hour (when i get half an hour to waste)

That's bad customer service to say the least.... I feel for ya. I didn't know they'd gone from here, what are they playing at? Hope you get a result.

Vodafone customer care has been real bad for a couple of months now isn't looking good for them at all .

Here's my Three result this morning.

2916378038.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Fired up the old 3 mifi for the first time in months and see not a lot has changed with 3

2921777133.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Signal had been slipping a bit so have spent the morning re-positioning the dongle and now back to a full five bars and better speeds, pleased with this for here.

Expect the trees are blocking the line of sight so moving it higher has helped

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2927065035.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Just testing this morning out and about in the middle of Athlone - http://www.speedtest.net/android/574050491.png - which is running well. Still running a fairly steady 5mb/s since relocating the meteor dongle at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

IKEA Restaurant, corner nearest the entrance. Three midband bill pay. Huawei E586.

Test Date: Sep 11, 2013 3:58:31 pm
    Connection Type: Wifi
    Server: Dublin
    Download: 4.99 Mbps
    Upload: 2.37 Mbps
    Ping: 159 ms

Latitude: 53.40642
    Longitude: -6.27447

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Two and a half years later. :D

2962809171.png