Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Hayden Memorial Sun 4/7/2010, Kildavin, Co. Carlow

• 03-07-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭

July 4th 2010:Mark Hayden memorial – Start 100 o clock sign on open at 11 o clock in spelman park Kildavin co Carlow A1 A2 A3 A4 ladies
    SEAMIE versus JOHNNY CARROLL

We have gone from a three, two day events to a single day Sunday courtesy of Carlow CC. Strangely this event had its inaugural outing last year, but on this occasion that rush of blood to their heads has stood them in good stead. According to Seamie Brennan who'll renew acquaintances with Johnny Carroll. Both were in the original Dan Morrissey all of nearly fourteen years ago with John O'Brien at the helm. "Sponsors are the lifeline of our sport and thankfully with the support of PJ. Cole Plant Hire, Clarwick Ltd., Tom Murphy Equipment and Liam Conway and Sons, we are happy that 'there is no show like a Carlow CC one.' everybody will be watered and fed before they head back to their bases all over the country. Also I would like to put to the fact that the race is being held in Kildavin, Co. Carlow approximately five miles from Ballon. The circuit that will be operation is an 18.5 mile course. The Ladies will do two and there event is part of the National League. Likewise the A4's will feature over two laps also, moving on the A3's three laps and the big boys will be in action for four laps. The event is the Mark Hayden Memorial. Dressing for the event is in Spellman Park (GAA) which will be open from 11am. racing will be flagged off at one o'clock," said Seamie. I have a distinct feeling that it would give Seamie immense pleasure passing over a prize to Johnny. All three event organisers have assured me that they have no intentions of making life difficult for the participants.

I think this is the route.

hx85kx.jpg

sdci0w.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

The altitude graph makes out that its not quite as up and down as I remembered last year......good race thou and well organised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

My race is pending approval. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

50/50 at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

mc2000 and me are in too, Keen on to keep an eye on the back of the race....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm in. Can give lifts from D15 if required.

ISTR that sign-in closed pretty early at the Des Hanlon. Anyone know the story for this one?

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm in. Can give lifts from D15 if required.

ISTR that sign-in closed pretty early at the Des Hanlon. Anyone know the story for this one?

Do you have a bike rack? I should have a car tmw, but just in case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I'm in for this one
    100k apparently- eek!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Do you have a bike rack? I should have a car tmw, but just in case :)

Yes, have rack for 3 bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Driving wind and rain predicted in that area tomorrow. Bring a change of clothes folks !

Ok I'm in. Profile from BRT looks a little more interesting, a few digs in there. Fingers crossed I can just stay in the bunch.

118978.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thanks and Boll*cks :D

Hope its not a long drive for a short race !
    Ok I'm in. Profile from BRT looks a little more interesting, a few digs in there. Fingers crossed I can just stay in the bunch.

118978.png

VERY windy out there today!

VERY windy out there today!

OK, weedy wheels it is.

How about we just don't go and watch wimbledon instead?

How about we just don't go and watch wimbledon instead?

Nah,the sport's riddled with doping and one of Dr Fuentes friends is in the final :rolleyes:

How did this go? Had to compromise on this one and give it a skip.

I DNF'd, too much back pain.

Didn't hang around for the finish.

Was it rainging there? I went for a drive in Wicklow and must have got all the seasons in the space of 60mins around midday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Was it rainging there? I went for a drive in Wicklow and must have got all the seasons in the space of 60mins around midday

Nah - it was looking like it could go either way before the start but ended up being sunny

Advertisement