Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC phone?

• 03-07-2010 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I am thinking of getting UPC broad band but I am a bit curious about their phone set-up. I currently have 4 phone in the house on the same line. Is UPC phone different and will I still be able to split it as it was before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

UPC phone, which you can only get if you are with them for broadband, is a VoIP service. In order to use it you have to connect a phone to one of the RJ11 (Irish phone sockets) on the back of the modem. If you want to connect all the phones in your house you would need to open the Eircom master socket (where the telephone line enters your house) and disconnect your internal network from Eircoms (probably a good idea to take note of how the lines are hooked up in case you ever need to reconnect them).

Then you should be able to plug the modem into a wall socket and all the phones should operate in the same way as they did when you had a regular phone line. Just FYI very old, pulse dialing, handsets are incompatible with UPCs service, touch tone phones only. Just mentioning it in case you have any.

Advertisement