Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any pubs in Dublin showing Le Tour?

• 03-07-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there...

Do any one know if there would be any pubs in Dublin showing Tour de France the next three weeks?

It would be a great opportunity to combine it with some pints;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Do you want to be sitting on your bike having a few scoops in the pub too? Cant think of any at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Now you must surely know that watching cycling in pubs is not permitted in Dublin

Tvs are restricted to GAA, Rugby, Soccer and golf by default

You could always ask a barman to change the channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

eltoro1 wrote: »
    Hi there...

Do any one know if there would be any pubs in Dublin showing Tour de France the next three weeks?

It would be a great opportunity to combine it with some pints;)

Any pub which has TG4 should be able to show live coverage of the prologue.

Plenty of pubs must be showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

When i was working in town a few years ago i used watch it in the Hairy Lemon. Dont know what its like there now though. Probably easier to get it on weekdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eltoro1

That's funny!

Just convinced a barman at the hairy to put on the prologue - no problem at all, as long as the world cup wasn't on.

Kom så, Cancellara!

Nice to see the Danish team in front;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

eltoro1 wrote: »

Kom så, Cancellara!

Nice to see the Danish team in front;)

Red Alert Klingon Bird of Prey bearing-eh eh I mean Spoiler Alert. Surely you know you can't post results on the day.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eltoro1

Is it a spoiler or pure fact?!?

Damn, sorry!

Wouldn't call it a spoiler though - it can't be a surprise to anyone;)

Well, now I know...
    I'll shut up the rest of the Tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ciaranfh

If you are in the south side of the city, Duffs on the main st. in Bray is a big cycling pub and I'm sure would be showing the Tour.

Ken Duff is a cycling nut and has cycling memorabilia all over the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

I don't think duff's has a tv. Unless its changed recently but they've always prided themselves on not having one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

I had the Bernard Shaw show one of the mountain stages last year. Posted it up here beforehand as I figured there would be some interest, but alas it was the usual mix of couriers and fgss'ers. I guess all the roadies were on their turbo trainers while watching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement