Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi on the buses

Options
  • 03-07-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

on the bus yesterday and it said free wifi.
    But when I connected my phone I was connected to their portal with questionaire etc etc.
    I couldn't get through to Google as I couldn't seem to use their hyperlinks and get off their page..Would this be down to my inexpertise with the equipment (samsung gt-s5560) , the equipment itself or is their portal likely to have been designed with laptops in mind?
    It was a blessing in disguise as reading on the buses makes me sick but it was annoying all the same......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's usually hit and miss. There may not be any connectivity in some parts of the country, especially along new motorways (even if your device is connected to the on-board wireless router).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

geordief wrote: »
    on the bus yesterday and it said free wifi.
    But when I connected my phone I was connected to their portal with questionaire etc etc.
    I couldn't get through to Google as I couldn't seem to use their hyperlinks and get off their page..Would this be down to my inexpertise with the equipment (samsung gt-s5560) , the equipment itself or is their portal likely to have been designed with laptops in mind?
    It was a blessing in disguise as reading on the buses makes me sick but it was annoying all the same......

OOh, what bus was this on?

Could be handy with the iPod touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

I know of
    AirCoach
    JJ Kavanagh (not all buses)
    Go Bus

If you can't get to the Internet when associated to the Wi-Fi; connect to the gateway in your browser as some of the devices have a status screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

citylink

Advertisement