Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my own (help)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I buy all my parts from Komplett unless unavailable, anything I've ordered was ready for pickup within a week of ordering, don't forget these products are coming from the Netherlands (well the one I've ordered anyway).

Processing basically means they're getting everything ready to order.

well i ordered Friday, hopefully they got my stuff be for it went out of stock *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

They may actually be in stock, as the reverse happened to me, the HAF 922 was displayed as in stock, it wasn't and it help up the whole delivery.

i emailed and checked with them, 1 part was out of stock but they got it back in, they said late this week or early next week =) (from komplett)

my pixmania stuff arrives today wooo!

having a few problems connecting all the power can anyone help.

1. u can see in the pic theres a 6 pin and 8 pin power connection, ive looked on youtube how to connect this card up and you use 2 4pins for the 8 and theres a 6 pin there also, my problem is 1 of the 4 pin connections isn't matching up rite with the slots in the 8 pin.

comming out of the power supply i have a 6 pin with a 2 pin coming out of the same head, do i use this for my 8pin slot? and for the 6 pin beside it do i use the 6 pin head and leave the 2 pin hanging there?

kcyntx.jpg

2. where do these connect to? there 4 of them, 1.HDD led, 2.Power SW, 3.Reset SW, 4. 2 1 pin Pow- and Pow +

rrnriv.jpg

3. you see how it connects in there? but theres still a 4 pin space left. well theres a 4 pin also on that cable, do i plug it in also with the 20 pin?

theres also a 8 pin power connection on the board but has a lil cap on it to make it 4 pin which can be removed, so i dunno if i put the 20 pin and 4 pin in the 24 pin slot or i put the 20 pin in the 24 pin slot and the 4 pin in the 8 pin power slot (ye im confused to) :S

ATX power connectors
    8-pin EATX12V ----do i use the 6+2 pin for this?
    24-pin EATXPWR

2v2vajd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

You would use the 6 and 2 pin for the 8 and the second you would use the 6 pin and leave the 2 pin hanging. There should be an 8 pin for the where the brown arrow is on the pic. The 4 pin might be the missing bit off the boards main power cable as they usually come with the ability to disconnect so can still connect to older motherbords. The red arrow shows where to connect the power, reset etc. motherboard manual will show exactly which way to connect them. Also I would make sure thats a full 16 card slot you put your graphics card into rather than a 4 or 8times one
    rrnriv.jpg
    The connectors for the 8 pin should be like this:
    http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/Connectors.png

• Advertisement

ok i got it :D thanks!!

still not sure about pic 2 though lol anyone know what i do with them?

ok i got it :D thanks!!

still not sure about pic 2 though lol anyone know what i do with them?

Your MoBo manual should say what pins go where on the Front Panel Connector.

deceit wrote: »
    You would use the 6 and 2 pin for the 8 and the second you would use the 6 pin and leave the 2 pin hanging. There should be an 8 pin for the where the brown arrow is on the pic. The 4 pin might be the missing bit off the boards main power cable as they usually come with the ability to disconnect so can still connect to older motherbords. The red arrow shows where to connect the power, reset etc. motherboard manual will show exactly which way to connect them. Also I would make sure thats a full 16 card slot you put your graphics card into rather than a 4 or 8times one
    rrnriv.jpg
    The connectors for the 8 pin should be like this:
    http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/Connectors.png

you see where you got the arrow? well i put the two 4-pins in there they where the only ones correct?

Your MoBo manual should say what pins go where on the Front Panel Connector.

ye it says what the slots are but i dunno what the wires are... if you know what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Alot of the power connecters on psu's for there come as two 4pins so that should be fine.

• Advertisement

ok =)

just waiting for the rest of my parts now from komplett

ram
    OS
    hard drive
    disk drive
    cpu cooler

was surprised at the size of the graphics card its effin huge...

ye it says what the slots are but i dunno what the wires are... if you know what i mean?

The wires should be labeled, at least the black part will be.

there are 4 of them, 1. HDD led, 2. Power SW, 3. Reset SW, 4. 2 1 pin Pow- and Pow +

doesn't say on the mobo where they go though :/

there are 4 of them, 1. HDD led, 2. Power SW, 3. Reset SW, 4. 2 1 pin Pow- and Pow +

doesn't say on the mobo where they go though :/

dude, don't worry, it will be in the manual.

k i'll have to have a proper read threw lol

i don't even have it built yet but im looking to upgrade it more... lol

i was thinking an extra 1tb hard drive
    and extra 4gb ram

is it possible to download your OS? i got a windows 7 home that i downloaded is it ok to use?

is it possible to download your OS? i got a windows 7 home that i downloaded is it ok to use?

Where did you download it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I think the fact that hes not answering tells you where he got it

Connavar wrote: »
    I think the fact that hes not answering tells you where he got it

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I don't think you are allowed to talk about stuff thats pirated on the forums(I might be wrong though).
    And to answer your question. If you feel that it is safe it might be ok. It really depends on the place you get it and who you get it from.
    The only way of knowing for sure is trying it

• Advertisement

hmm ok thanks for the reply =)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

No, for perfectly valid legal reasons. What you're doing is theft, pure and simple. Please do not discuss it on this website in future. And even if that doesn't stop you, bear in mind that the script kiddies that busted the protection will have left all kinds of unpleasentness in that download in the process. Not just possible stability issues but also built-in malware and rootkits, and also as its pirated you can't update it, leaving you vulnerable to future attacks.
    Connavar wrote: »
    I don't think you are allowed to talk about stuff thats pirated on the forums(I might be wrong though).

You are not wrong at all. If you see junk like this in future please use the Report Post feature to bring it to my attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I assume you got your HDD LED and PWR SW cables hooked up properly by this stage :p I would have said they were in that corner he pointed to with the red arrow. Exactly where.

No you cannot download the OS and Microsoft is always updating their software to sniff out illegal copies.

I think it's lame though when you've dropped hundreds on a new machine why you wouldnt just buy the OS when frankly, it will outlast a lot of your components and is not that expensive. If you don't want to pay for an OS theres always linux. Windows 7 is worth the asking price, easily.

Overheal wrote: »
    I assume you got your HDD LED and PWR SW cables hooked up properly by this stage :p I would have said they were in that corner he pointed to with the red arrow. Exactly where.

No you cannot download the OS and Microsoft is always updating their software to sniff out illegal copies.

I think it's lame though when you've dropped hundreds on a new machine why you wouldnt just buy the OS when frankly, it will outlast a lot of your components and is not that expensive. If you don't want to pay for an OS theres always linux. Windows 7 is worth the asking price, easily.

ye i got all them sorted hahaha

and i know, i was looking for a quick fix until my OS arrived :/ *waiting over a month* should of just went to a store and bought it tbh....

anyway... sry about that my bad.

Advertisement