Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox: GH5 can't connect controller

Options
  • 03-07-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Right feel a bit retarded but here goes anyway. I just got GH5 and I cannot appear to get the guitar connected to the xbox.

Console is turned on.
    Guitar Xbox light is flashing.
    I press the sync button on the xbox.
    The controller ring on the xbox flashs around.
    I hold down the connect button on the guitar.

Nothing happens the xbox eventually stops flashing and the guitar xbox light continues to flash.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmm sounds like you're doing it correctly, just to be sure the button you need to press on the guitar is on the end below where the strap and head set connect, small black one. There is a sticker on the face of the guitar pointing at it if I recall.

You do not need to hold it just hit the one on the xbox and then the one on guitar soon after the lights should spin on the guide button like they do on the console power lights, and stop and blink a few times after maybe 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Thanks for the reply. I do not see spinning lights on the guide button on the guitar at any point unfortunately only on the xbox.

Perhaps its faulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Possibly, ok start from scratch. Power ever thing off.

Turn on xbox as normal using the power button on the console.

Turn on guitar using the guide button.

Press the connect button on the console once.

Press the connect button on guitar once.

Lights you be spinning on console and on the guide button on guitar.

Actually this guy seems to say hold the button http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8huimvOW0&feature=related

Hmm thanks for the link. Tried the variations on it there with no success. I never see the spinning lights on the guitar like that guy in the video does when he holds down the button.

Guess its back to the store then. Nuts looked like the last one they had and it was on sale for the equivalent of 60 euro or so.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd imagine it's definitely just a faulty guitar you have there, shouldn't be that hard to get it to connect to the bloody thing :/

Be sure to tell us if your next one actually works :P

• Advertisement

Ah just returned it there had no more in the shop so will have to pick one up some where else!

Thanks for the help guys

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not a bother! If you ever get Rock Band be sure to drop by! Remember all instruments work across titles :)

Advertisement