Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallery Quay - Grand Canal Dock.

Options
  • 03-07-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Looking at apartments in this area.

Does anyone live there or know what the place is like in general?
    What are the Management Fees like?

Based on the 2 ad's I've found on Myhome and Daft I think I'm looking at somewhere between €2,200 and €2,500 per year. Is this good/bad/average?

Thanks
    G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

fantastic place to live , plenty of shops and places to eat out and also the city centre is within walking distance as are the O2 the AVIVA , CROKE PARK the grand canal theatre the Dart line to name a few , downfall is the management fees are very expensive ie. around 2500 euro , residents pay for upkeep and electric bill for the lovely trees scattered around the area which is probably not that unreasonable as brings a good atmosphere to area

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

grahambo wrote: »
    Looking at apartments in this area.

Does anyone live there or know what the place is like in general?
    What are the Management Fees like?

Based on the 2 ad's I've found on Myhome and Daft I think I'm looking at somewhere between €2,200 and €2,500 per year. Is this good/bad/average?

Thanks
    G.

Well, it seems to be in the region of 2.5 months rent for a two bed in that area:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=909042

So if you are comparing the purchase price to rental yields, reduce the rental yields by 1/5 to get a better idea of the true cost of purchasing vs renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

dekbhoy wrote: »
    fantastic place to live , plenty of shops and places to eat out and also the city centre is within walking distance as are the O2 the AVIVA , CROKE PARK the grand canal theatre the Dart line to name a few , downfall is the management fees are very expensive ie. around 2500 euro , residents pay for upkeep and electric bill for the lovely trees scattered around the area which is probably not that unreasonable as brings a good atmosphere to area

+1
    It is a great location but the fees are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

thanks for the replies guys!

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is a good general area to live in.

In that particular building, I would take care to satisfy myself that the soundproofing between apartments is as good as you need. I have no direct experience of it, but I heard reports (which may or may not have been correct) on this one when it was built.

Have a look at houses in the area too, there is certainly value to be had although the locations don't have the immediate shine and glamour of Gallery Quay. (If you have a view of the water at Gallery Quay, that's an advantage to the property.)

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/44-eblana-villas-lower-grand-canal-street-dublin-2/236965 - small, but priced well.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/3-carlingford-court-carlingford-parade/212491 - bigger, more modern, has a little garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

There is absolutely no probem with sound proofing in Gallery Quay. I cant hear the street or my neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

And now: http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0217/504953-gallery-quay/
    "....A housing association that purchased 60 apartments in the Gallery Quay development in Dublin Docklands has initiated a number of legal actions due to widespread problems with dampness and water ingress. Tuath Housing Association says there have been problems for some years but they have been made worse by the last two months of bad weather.
    The association paid €15m for the apartments in Block 17 of the development in Macken Street eight years ago. ..."

Is there some site or thread where purchasers / tenants talk about problems with living in tier apartment blocks in Dublin?

Advertisement