Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Card Error

• 03-07-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was doing my soccer shoot earlier, but when I went home I could get 1 8GB SDHC (Class 6) TDK One too read perfectly, which was taken out of my samsung WB5000, but when I got the Panasonic 8GB SDHC (Class 6) from my mates Canon 450D I couldn't read it on my computer, (Which is odd because it works fine on the reader in the office)

I get the error, G:\DCIM is not Accessable Inncorrect function.

Anyone know what I can do about it? Because I need to get the photos ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Sounds like your card reader doesn't recognise that particular card.

Try a different card reader, or attaching the camera it works in directly to the computer?

It could also be that the computer at home isn't as up-to-date driver-wise as the one at home, or that you're using something like Windows XP Home at home, and Windows XP Pro at the office. (same for Vista or Windows 7 could apply.)

If you're using Macs.. then all I can say is WTF?! Although Snow Leopard might understand disk formats that Leopard and Tiger don't..

I'd think maybe an incompatibility issue with the reader though.. there are many cheap readers out there..that in theory should all work.. but in practice don't. (I have one that will read 5 out of 6 of my SD cards... 3 of the cards are SDHC, and 3 are not.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I've got XP Pro at home, and Vista in the office, so that could be it, (Despite the fact that both the cards are SDHC Class 6). I'll drop into my local camera shop and see if they have a card reader that works with it, so I will know if its the computer, not the camera.

Cheers,
    Cillian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Could be form different manufacturers, or of different sizes, or with different variants of the same memory controller on-board.. or maybe one has a weak resistor or capacitor on it's board. Could be lots of things.. the only given is that it's SOMETHING. =O

Have fun at your local camera shop.. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you.
    (Despite the fact that both the cards are SDHC Class 6)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Maybe a bit obvious, but have you checked the side of the card? There's a tiny switch on SD cards to lock them, maybe it's been switched on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Managed to fix it, picked up a Multicard reader for €10 inside in the shop, and it worked great, Cheers for your help guys. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement