If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv speakers

Options
  • 03-07-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

hi
    hope you are able to help,i am setting up my pioneer vsk-519v a/v receiver bought from you in may, is there a way for me to use my tv speakers when the a/v is on or off? at the moment it is in mute. do i have to use my surround speakers all the time or is there a way for me to switch from surround speakers to tv speakers.help :(

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey harr.

Are you trying to use the TV speakers as part of the home cinema setup when the Amp is switched on? Unfortunatley this would not be possible unless the speakers on the screen are attached via Speaker cable (Some Hitachi screens do this - Although it is not very common).

When using the Home Cinema System keep your TV speakers muted as you do have at the moment. This way you will enjoy the best permformance and quality from your system.

Then if you want to use the speakers on you Television you can either mute the amp or turn your Home Cinema system off.

There would be no way to switch between your amp and TV speakers using the remote from the amp as they would not have the same codes programmed into them.

I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    thanks for reply,i have the a/v connected to tv through hdmi and sky box connected to a/v through hdmi even if i mute the a/v there is no sound from tv speakers and i cant turn off the a/v as the sky is connected through that:confused:i prob doing some thing simple wrong,if anybody has any ideas

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

AHHH.

The HDMI is splitting the sound out at the amp and not carrying in through to the Television.

You can in the menu set the signal to THROUGH that will carry the sound to the screen but not the Surround speakers (Page 30 - 32 in manual).

You can only have one or the other unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

thats great thanks,its going through tv now.did not want to us suround sound all the time only for movies and some sports.another quick question i got the a/v unit second hand from a ad on adverts its only two months old how much of a warrenty do i have left on it?it is working fine but just in case.i have receipt and all.thanks for the help:):D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

harr wrote: »
    thats great thanks,its going through tv now.did not want to us suround sound all the time only for movies and some sports.another quick question i got the a/v unit second hand from a ad on adverts its only two months old how much of a warrenty do i have left on it?it is working fine but just in case.i have receipt and all.thanks for the help:):D

Harr,

thanks for the post - I'm not completely clear which unit you are asking about re the warranty - but if you have the receipt can you give us the transaction number & I'll be able to telly you what the warranty status is - if you don't have it - just drop me a PM with the original Customer's name / address / model number & we will do some digging for you.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.