Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youth players at your club

• 03-07-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭

So, if your club were to sign no one at all this summer, what young players already at your club do you think would either be ready to step up and make an impact this season, or at least become a valuable member of the first team squad?

At United, I would reckon that we could call on Fabio and Macheda for a start, but then they are already fairly known about.

Cleverly could make an impact as a hard working AM/Winger with a bit of creativity (kind of like Park)

You could throw a very outside bet at Pogba and Petrucci (CM and AM respectively) but I would say they are more likely for 2011/2012.

So, who is at your club that excites you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Morrison is a great talent but he needs to keep his head straight if he can live to the expectations probably will be there for the 2011/2012 season

Eikrem would be one of my favourite cm's at utd and was very disappointed when he didnt get a run out in the cc but injury did hamper his progress I think he has a great chance of making the bench for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Juventus are an Italian club with an Italian manager so there's pretty much no chance of any youth players being given a chance, unfortunately.

Two of the better ones have already been loaned out for next season. Luca Marrone (centre mid) and Ciro Immobile (striker).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Headshot wrote: »
    Morrison is a great talent but he needs to keep his head straight if he can live to the expectations probably will be there for the 2011/2012 season

Eikrem would be one of my favourite cm's at utd and was very disappointed when he didnt get a run out in the cc but injury did hamper his progress I think he has a great chance of making the bench for utd

Hasnt Morrison been in a lot of trouble lately, I would like to see more of Joshua king and possibly cameron Stewart.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Hasnt Morrison been in a lot of trouble lately, I would like to see more of Joshua king and possibly cameron Stewart.

trouble ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Headshot wrote: »
    trouble ?

Lazy trainer, poor worth ethic. Irresponsible (already has a son), and hangs out with wannabe gangsters (he was caught up in a drugs and gun possession charge last year, but got away with it). Don't like the kid one bit, no matter how talented he is.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Lazy trainer, poor worth ethic. Irresponsible (already has a son), and hangs out with wannabe gangsters (he was caught up in a drugs and gun possession charge last year, but got away with it). Don't like the kid one bit, no matter how talented he is.

seriously?

thought that was a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

For Liverpool there are Martin Kelly and Dani Pacheco but both have figured last season so not sure they really count.

We have a youngster called Andre Wisdom who I rate very highly, also expect Lauri Dalla Valle to break through at some stage now Hodgson is in charge. Apparently he tried to sign him in January for Fulham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Dani Pacheco is the stand out for Liverpool. I would have confidence in him being able to do a job if required.

Martin Kelly is the same, had a great debut against Lyon last season and would have played more if he hadnt got injured.

Nathan Eccleston got his debut against Fulham last year during our injury crisis. Has looked good for the underage teams for the past few seasons. Bags of pace and knows where the goal is.

Lauri Dalle Valle is the player im most excited about. He is a phenomenal talent IMO, reminds me a lot of Torres. I hope he gets a few games this season and under Woy its a possibility.

Adam Pepper is another one who is impressing but will probably be too young this season, definitely one for 11/12 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Melion wrote: »
    Dani Pacheco is the stand out for Liverpool. I would have confidence in him being able to do a job if required.

Martin Kelly is the same, had a great debut against Lyon last season and would have played more if he hadnt got injured.

Nathan Eccleston got his debut against Fulham last year during our injury crisis. Has looked good for the underage teams for the past few seasons. Bags of pace and knows where the goal is.

Lauri Dalle Valle is the player im most excited about. He is a phenomenal talent IMO, reminds me a lot of Torres. I hope he gets a few games this season and under Woy its a possibility.

Adam Pepper is another one who is impressing but will probably be too young this season, definitely one for 11/12 though.

Beat ya to it ;)

Pepper is being moved on if you believe what you hear, didnt feature much last season due to a combination of injury and unrest. Hes a mad evertonian by all accounts.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Beat ya to it ;)

Pepper is being moved on if you believe what you hear, didnt feature much last season due to a combination of injury and unrest. Hes a mad evertonian by all accounts.

It would be a big loss to lose him. I think he is going to be an England regular in 5-7 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No mention of Diouf yet?

Blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

So, if your club were to sign no one at all this summer, what young players already at your club do you think would either be ready to step up and make an impact this season, or at least become a valuable member of the first team squad?

Not far off what has been happening at Liverpool the last 18 months in the sense that with the squad being trimmed down it has afforded some of the youth prospects some chances. Hodgson isn't exactly someone who is renowned for giving youth a chance so Im not that optimistic.

In terms of youth players Insua and Dave at 21 got decent game time last season.

Pacheco is the player I would expect to make most of an impact this season.
    The fact that Benayoun has moved on could well benefit him as he is a similar type player.

Kelly at 20 looks a decent prospect but has had a poor injury record and a lot will depend on what happens with the guys in front of him. At the moment he is probably 5th/6th choice CB with Carra, Agger, Soto, and Skrtel ahead of him with him battling Ayala for the 5th/6th spot. Is probably battling Degen to be Johnson's backup at RB so might get some games there.

Beyond that i don't think there is anyone else who will make that much of a significant impact this season.

It would be a big loss to lose him. I think he is going to be an England regular in 5-7 years time.

Pepper is gone from Liverpool. Had a trial with Derby in April. Don't know if they signed him in the end. Wasnt able to get into the U18s this season except for very brief spells (did have injuries at one stage but when he was fit again he still wasnt being picked)

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Rams-look-Liverpool-youngster/article-2004826-detail/article.html

Still linked on the official site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No mention of Diouf yet?

Blasphemy.

I don't think it'd be fair to the rest of them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blackburn are in great shape in this department. Whats the upper age limit for this?

Anyways

Phil Jones - 18 CB
    - Could possibly earn a starting spot this year, multiple MoM awards in 7 PL starts. Being raved about.
    Grant Hanley - 18 CB - Just behind Jones in the pecking order, one PL start and MoM against Aston Villa
    Gavin Gunning - 19 CB - Good enough but probably only 6th choice at CB at the present time.
    Aaron Doran - 19 Winger/WF - Gifted playmaker, dribbler but didn't progress last season. I still expect big things.
    Amine Liganzi - 20 CM/DM Hugely impressive in the reserves last season.
    Steven N'Zonzi - 21 DM Player of the year in his first season, already established in the starting lineup.
    David Hoillet - 19 Winger/WF Speedster who is learning his trade fast at senior level. Regular first team player.
    Jason Lowe - 18 CM who was brilliant in the youths, moved up to the reserves and was brilliant there also. This kid has a very big future.
    Nick Blackman - 20 ST Very impressive for the reserves and did well on a loan spell last term.

We then have Martin Olsson 22 who broke through to the first team last season in left midfield, he can also play right back. Looks certain to be a first team starter this year.
    Niko Kalinic 22 was our £6 million signing who played well in the second half of the season last year, also a starter.

eagle eye wrote: »

Phil Jones - 18 CB
    - Could possibly earn a starting spot this year, multiple MoM awards in 7 PL starts. Being raved about.

Really like the look of this kid last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

baz2009 wrote: »
    I don't think it'd be fair to the rest of them.:pac:

I take your point.

/waits for wonderkid thread

Still linked on the official site

Which is alway bang up to date. ;)

Sorry but the offical site is utter muck when it comes to keeping stuff about the youth players up to date.

It's always a shame to see decent prospects not develop but it looks that that's whats happened with Pepper. At the very least we have the goal he scored from his own half as a memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jack Wilshire is the big one at Arsenal, especially if Fabregas leaves. I thought he playe well on loan for Bolton when I seen him. Very creative midfielder.

I'd like to see more of Goalkeeper Vincenzo Mannone and I'm still waiting for Carlos Vela to catch fire.

Craig Eastmond will probably become a rotation player given he played a few premier league games last season.

Not sure any of the other big prospects are ready to make the big stepup as regulars this season, although are plenty with the ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter

Davide Santon: I know he has been playing in the first team for a couple of seasons but not regularly and I believe with the possible sale of Maicon he can step up and become our first choice right-back.

Philippe Coutinho: Signed 2 years ago but loaned back to Vasco until this summer when he turned 18 he comes very highly rated and with a lot of expectation, probably won't be a regular starter because of the presence of Wesley Sneijder though.

There are also a few other players from the Primavera that I like the look of, like Denis Alibec, Alen Stevanović and Simone Dell'Agnello.

dor83 wrote: »
    Inter

Davide Santon: I know he has been playing in the first team for a couple of seasons but not regularly and I believe with the possible sale of Maicon he can step up and become our first choice right-back.

Philippe Coutinho: Signed 2 years ago but loaned back to Vasco until this summer when he turned 18 he comes very highly rated and with a lot of expectation, probably won't be a regular starter because of the presence of Wesley Sneijder though.

There are also a few other players from the Primavera that I like the look of, like Denis Alibec, Alen Stevanović and Simone Dell'Agnello.

How highly rated are Lorenzo Crisetig and Marco Ezio Fossati at Inter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Ciaran Clark,The Fonz & Marc Albrighton are the young 'uns most likely to get more gametime for Villa in 10/11. The latter 2 in particular have been talked up and will surely see plenty more minutes on the pitch this year.

Unfortunately Delph is out til Xmas afair with a nasty one, hopefully he'll be back in 1st team contention for the Spring time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

How highly rated are Lorenzo Crisetig and Marco Ezio Fossati at Inter?
    To be honest I don't know a hell of a lot about the Primavera as I don't see enough of it, both are still only 17 and as far as I know Criseteg is intelligent and has good vision and Fossati is more attacking with good technique and is a very good passer. I'm going more from the little I have heard than having seen a lot of them myself though, I have heard a couple of people rave about them but they are big Inter fans so they could be talking them up too much. One other thing to remember is that young players find it very hard to come through at Inter, take Leonardo Bonucci for example, we sold him last year only to try to buy him again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i know where you are coming from, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge him.

Whether he has a son or not, i'm not sure - I remember the rumour (started off some fairly incomprehensible facebook updates) but I don't know if it is actually true.

As regards to his work ethic - the guy has always been one of the hardest working players on the pitch whenever I have seen him for the U18 side. Also, when he came back form injury at the back end of last season he was played in a deeper more defensive/central midfield role and showed a great amount of composure, discipline and maturity in his performances. I don't want to really jump the gun, but I will cause I love the look of this kid, and say that I hope the change in the type of performance shown (particularly the maturity and discipline) are a reflection of a change in his attitude to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Jayob10 wrote: »
    For Liverpool there are Martin Kelly and Dani Pacheco but both have figured last season so not sure they really count.

We have a youngster called Andre Wisdom who I rate very highly, also expect Lauri Dalla Valle to break through at some stage now Hodgson is in charge. Apparently he tried to sign him in January for Fulham.

Forgot about that. It will be very interesting to see if Dalle Valle is brought on another step next season.

Advertisement