Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bro's conning me... Any savvy's out there?

Options
  • 03-07-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung netbook (model no. NP NC10), it's just a year old. It doesn't look like much, the "L" is missing...
    It's not mine, yet, but it will be mine when I buy it off my brother. My brother is scheming and stingy. He would like e100 for it. Is it worth it?
    The laptop, I have found, has some errors in it that might need certain attention, such as:
    1. Every so often the screen goes white and I have to move the monitor part of the laptop down and up to get it working again. What is going on here? Any suggestion on how to fix this?
    2. Sometimes, when I turn on the laptop, the taskbar (y'no, the thing with the start button on it? Is that the taskbar?) doesn't show up. I need to press Ctrl Alt Delete to get everything from the task manager. How do I fix this??
    3. The "L" button...
    So, after all this, how much is this laptop worth and are these problems easily fixed?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Brand new the netbook retails for €399.

When you say the "L" is missing are you referring to the key?
    Some manufacturers supply single key replacements if you call them up and ask them, it's usually free.

The specifications for it seem reasonable for a netbook, you can find em here > http://www.umpcportal.com/products/Samsung/NC10/NP-NC10

As for the odd behavior it sounds like it'd be a good idea to do a factory reset and reinstall the OS etc (Should be instructions on how to do it with the netbook or via their website perhaps)

Still all in all I'd pay 100 for it, but first I'd check on the availability of a replacement L key from samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

LazyClouds wrote: »
    1. Every so often the screen goes white and I have to move the monitor part of the laptop down and up to get it working again. What is going on here? Any suggestion on how to fix this?
    Probably the known NC-10 issue of a faulty cable to the LCD. Mentioned on wikipedia but it's been discussed on this forum in the past as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Buy one online. Ebay have netbooks for far less than €399. You could also wait til the next time your in the UK and get one then for a big discount, we get ripped off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

The screen white-out issue can be fixed with the correct size screwdriver and a plaster/tape. It only takes 5 minutes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I have 2 of these netbooks serving my media centre setup, they both work great. It depends what you want from them, they wont be any good for gaming or high intensity processing but internet and messaging is fine on them.

Issues 1 & 2 are addressed in the correct manner above and issue 3 is addressed within the body of this post, having said that there are many ways to survive without a certain character, keep it in your copy and paste or even MSWord can autocorrect any wrong words.

• Advertisement
Advertisement