Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this K31 sniper I made up

Options
  • 03-07-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I bought this of a grumpy Romanian a few months ago.
    He lightly re-finished the stock, cartouches are still there, and edges are sharp.
    It's got a clamp on St Marie scope mount and an Simmons 3-9x40.
    I went to Grafs and got the muzzle brake and harris bipod attachment.
    Off the bag I was able to do 2 inches at 100 yards, its probably capable of 1moa but my trigger squeezing needs some work.
    Can't wait to try out the new additions.
    The brake has good reviews wrt taming recoil down a bit

4757906918_cc8c5c88b0_b.jpg

4757925496_5be0575bf3.jpg

4757294287_14c0c07412_b.jpg

4757935882_258368d8a9.jpg

All modifications are bolt on and completely reversable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice one. Lovely rifles to shoot, though the first stage of the trigger is about half a mile long. Stout enough cartridge though, Switzerland was fairly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

harmoniums wrote: »
    I bought this of a grumpy Romanian a few months ago.
    He lightly re-finished the stock, cartouches are still there, and edges are sharp.
    It's got a clamp on St Marie scope mount and an Simmons 3-9x40.
    I went to Grafs and got the muzzle brake and harris bipod attachment.
    Off the bag I was able to do 2 inches at 100 yards, its probably capable of 1moa but my trigger squeezing needs some work.
    Can't wait to try out the new additions.
    The brake has good reviews wrt taming recoil down a bit

4757906918_cc8c5c88b0_b.jpg

4757925496_5be0575bf3.jpg

4757294287_14c0c07412_b.jpg

4757935882_258368d8a9.jpg

All modifications are bolt on and completely reversable

Absolutely beautiful rifle mate, I hope ye both serve eachother well !!!
    Best Of Luck With It !!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

the thing about owning an old battle rifle though is wondering if it ever saw service in a campaign , this could be true of most of the surplus rifles like the enfields , garand , mausers etc , but the k31 never saw action.

lovely rifle though and they seem to go for small money especially for the quality thats in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

rowa wrote: »
    the thing about owning an old battle rifle though is wondering if it ever saw service in a campaign , this could be true of most of the surplus rifles like the enfields , garand , mausers etc , but the k31 never saw action.

lovely rifle though and they seem to go for small money especially for the quality thats in them.

they are starting to get up there, when I got my first one in 2004 they were 100 bucks a pop, now they are typically 250 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

thats cool,id love have an old rifle like that,whenever i scrape the money together to join hilltop hopefully they will have a nice range to use an enfield on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

bazza888 wrote: »
    thats cool,id love have an old rifle like that,whenever i scrape the money together to join hilltop hopefully they will have a nice range to use an enfield on!

wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a centrefire rifle range to open there, as far as i am aware the neighbours shot it down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Any tags under the but plate?

Advertisement