Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobiola + Skype + USB Bluetooth + WiFi!

Options
  • 03-07-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

I'm trying out Mobiola's webcam app (XP and Symbian) for using the mobile phone's camera as a webcam and it all works fine until I fire up Skype and try a video call... something is then disabling the internet signal which I then have to repair from the tray icon. Skype or just the combination of WiFi and the Bluetooth donlge in close physical proximity are possible culprits ....so just wondering if someone knows any setting tweaks or is even using this...

Any wisdom is appreciated! I'd like to get it working just out of curiosity as webcams are so damn cheap.

edit: ok, found this and looks like the proximity is the 'co-existence' issue:
    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1379911/Minimizing-Bluetooth-Interference.htm
    ".....a laptop user having Bluetooth supporting connections to a PDA and printer and 802.11 for accessing the Internet and corporate servers. The potential for interference in this situation is enormous, especially when the user is operating within the fringe area of the 802.11 network (i.e., at the range that just supports their required data rate). The low power Bluetooth signal will likely drown out the weaker 802.11 signal due to the distance of the access point."

Oh well!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement