Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Domain Names vs Dot Coms Domain Names

• 03-07-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hello,

I have post in a few threads now on scams web sites http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055320098&page=70 on how they get money from customers, most of these are dot coms plus any other domain name thats out there. But what I have found is the donain for Ireland id Dot ie and has a tighter control on the issue of the domain name, is that the case??.

I found a new web site from Ireland under a dot com called Daslot search engine, should this not be under the domain name of Dot ie??.

So whats the control of domain name's and how does it all come about, to control companies just getting a domain name then setting up and fleecing people on the net today.

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hello Michael Kinsella from Enfield and qtellwebdesign.ie who has been shilling daslot.com (registered also from Enfield {whois info}) a few times in recent posts.

Reported and good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 michael222

tricky D wrote: »
    Hello Michael Kinsella from Enfield and qtellwebdesign.ie who has been shilling daslot.com (registered also from Enfield {whois info}) a few times in recent posts.

Reported and good day.

Its a valid point dot coms vs dot.ie domains

Thats the nature of the thread

Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

but whatever you do don't search for anything with an ' in it, it can't handle it, very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 michael222

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    but whatever you do don't search for anything with an ' in it, it can't handle it, very poor.

I will take the above as off topic.

Now what im talking about is dot com domain's and domain names for Ireland.

What happened today is this, i got a mail for some guy in a total stress state, that he had been scamed out of a lot of money from a dot com web site.

He had all the e-mails from him and the supplier, which was from the UK. I think this is very bad and people need to know what to look about for when buying from web sites that have dot com domain's.

Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

michael222 wrote: »
    when buying from web sites that have dot com domain's.
    Such as yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

michael222 wrote: »
    Hello,

I found a new web site from Ireland under a dot com called Daslot search engine, should this not be under the domain name of Dot ie??.

Wow! How long did it take to find your own website? Was it lost for long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

kinsella, michael info@qtellwebdesign.ie
    qtellwholesale limited
    9 glen abhainn lawns
    enfield none
    Ireland
    00353469540202 Fax --

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement