Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loose breather hose??/engine light

• 03-07-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi,
    My yellow engine light came on today, and when I popped the hood I noticed the hose in the photos (with the red string tied around it) was disconnected.

So I connected it again, and started the engine ,but the yellow light did not go off the dash.

Only got it serviced last month and a new 02 sensor put in it,
    so was hoping this disconnected hose had something got to do with that light??
    Any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Looks like an air intake... But I can't say for sure. You're best taking it to a garage and getting it checked. Engine warning lights are not good things to have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

I don't have any spare money to be messing around with garages , its connected now anyway, just wondering why the light didn't go out.

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

It's a breather pipe alright, maybe crankcase breather, not 100% sure.
    The light won't go out as a fault code must have been logged, you would need to get the car scanned with vcds (I presume it's a vag car) and clear the fault.

I might be able to clear it for you if you are around North Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The_Joker. wrote: »
    I don't have any spare money to be messing around with garages , its connected now anyway, just wondering why the light didn't go out.

Thanks for your reply

^Which is why I was saying you're better off taking it to a garage. The light is saying there's something not right with the engine. Its best to take it to a garage and get it sorted rather than taking your chances with it which could end up being very expensive later as engine repairs cost a fortune.

The guys at the garage would connect the engine to their diagnostic computer and will instantly find out what's causing the light to stay on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The guys at the garage would connect the engine to their diagnostic computer and will instantly find out what's causing the light to stay on.

And charge ya through the hole to do so,the fault just has to be cleared

• Advertisement
Advertisement