Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small bit of advice needed

• 03-07-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey guys, I was out watching a friend play touch rugby in a day tournament today, and obviously had the camera with me (first go at sports photography, woop!), when the rest of the team asked if I could send them the photos to be used on their website. I've no problem at all with that - flattered to be asked actually - but I was wondering what you would typically ask for by way of credit: just to be credited by name? or to ask for a link with the photos to my flickr/pix.ie account (although I've fairly few photos on there, and no other sports ones), or is that too cheeky? Or is there something else I'm not thinking of?

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a named credit and a link to your site would be quite reasonable, i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Link seems fair enough....hopefully they will like ur stuff so much that you will be asked for future photos which you can then charge for at small amounts...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, might be worth considering supplying low res ones and if there's any interest, offer to charge a tenner for prints for anyone who wants a shot of themselves.

be warned though; i was in a similar situation a few years ago - a friend was captain of the local rugby team and i took shots at a few games. a few of the other players asked him would i be willing to provide prints, but most immediately lost interest when i told him i'd need reimbursement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

yeah - rugby players even at club level won't pay for nuthin'

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Edinduberdeen

Ok, cheers for the input - that's what I was thinking. I'm not thinking of charging anything as the team's just a small social one and as I said it was my first go at sports photography so I'm not sure of the quality of the photos. I doubt they'll be wanting prints - it's just for the gallery on their website. I'll be happy with the small bit of exposure I get from a link on their site!

Cheers again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement