Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell inspiron 530 not booting up.

• 03-07-2010 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Turned on the PC this morning and not for the first time the PC wasn't booting up, I turn the machine on, it does the normal beep once and the keyboard turns on. However it does not go to the Dell spash screen, there is no input being detected on the monitor whatsoever.

As I said above this isn't the first time this has happened, last time it happened I just had to keep turning it off and on again until I got the splash screen.

I have tried the following
    • Took out the components, cleaned the dust on them and put them back in.
    • Tried to get to the BIOS or setup screen when I turn the PC on, again nothing.
    • Removed all the USB devices except the keyboard.
    • Had a look through the Dell beep troubleshoot but my PC just does the normal everything is ok beep. (Beep once)
    • Tried another monitor and even tried different DVI slots and even tried HDMI.
    What will I do? It's two years out of warranty now, really hope there is something I can do to fix it, tech support being the last resort.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Leave the ram out and try turning on. Turn off, put ram back in and then try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

what colour is the power on button? orange or blue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Dampsquid wrote: »
    Leave the ram out and try turning on. Turn off, put ram back in and then try again.

I'll try that tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Dampsquid wrote: »

Tried it, same things happen.

Advertisement