Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad parking in Ferrybank

• 03-07-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

A word of warning to anyone planning to drive up Abbey Road tonight. There is a funeral there at the moment and some people have parked in such a manner to try and guarantee another one next week. I know some people say "he parked in the middle of the road" to exaggerate bad parking but this time I mean it. If you don't know it, just past the funeral home is a tight curve with just enough room for two cars to pass and a solid white line running down the middle. Some idiot has just come to a stop in the right hand land and walked away leaving their car there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just as bad up at the bus stop in Rockenham.
    The Keneallys bus got as far as the bus-stop let people out then had to reverse back down to the main road at 18:00 and 18:20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Always happens when funeral on. Seen people do it but never feel right about saying something considering the occasion. Propably end up mouthing off to family member of deceased or something. Does not make outrageous parking right though, undertaker should put cones out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

yeah the parking is always bad when there's a funeral and it usually doesn't bother me, it's just tonight they didn't even try to park the car. They just came to a stop in the middle of the road, got out and left the car there. And remember this is a busy road, there's five housing estates for whom that road is the only connection to the rest of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

It seems to me that whenever religious events and parking combine, traffic laws go out the window.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bluesfan wrote: »
    And remember this is a busy road, there's five housing estates for whom that road is the only connection to the rest of the city.

There is a back road out of Abbey Drive which brings you onto the port road...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Sully wrote: »
    There is a back road out of Abbey Drive which brings you onto the port road...

That's as long as you don't mind a seven kilometre detour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bluesfan wrote: »
    That's as long as you don't mind a seven kilometre detour.

Plus a ****ty road along with the trek! Just said I would put it out there in case some people took you literally :)

Nice spot to live in, IMO.

Advertisement