Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double tongue piercing

• 03-07-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've had my tongue pierced about 5 years but I've always been interested in a double tongue piercing. I was wondering if anyone here has this done? This the second bar make much of a difference to talking or eating? Is this a crazy idea in general?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I've seen 5 bars in one tongue before, you'd have to lengthen the original bar to compensate for the swelling of the new one. If your tongue can manage it im sure it aint a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Great! I'm thinking of heading to Dublin tomorrow to see about it.

Is there much chance of splitting with a double piercing? The way I see it is I never bite or catch the current bar so I can't see how it would be split but I just want to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

unless you stretch it to enormous size there's no issue afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Double tounge piercings aren't a problem. Splitting, unless, as Will said, you over stretch, won't be an issue. After care is paramount, as it can affect the original piercing(extra swelling). I have regularly perfomed 2 tongue piercing at once, either in tandem or venom bites and I've never had a client report any ill effects. (maybe it was because with 2 bars they couldn't talk to tell me it was wrong, lol).
    If its what you want, then choose your piercer and go for it. It will be worth it i the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Thanks for all the advice! Got the piercing in Wildcat today. They were great and really put me at ease. Feeling a bit sorry for myself now but really happy overall!

• Advertisement
Advertisement