Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara Lara

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Never heard of it, never went there, and obviously didn't miss much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

That's for fishing, think it's still open.

yeah forgot about that, there was a lake with slides and the like, cant believe its still going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

No matter what I always came home soaked.

Clothes would get soaked then it'd be almost time to leave so changed into nice dry clothes but then....

"Yarrrr Captain Beer sees some gobshítes on a boat, I must take their boat...yarrrr"

Then back into the murky depths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

1 its in wicklow,
    2 it was closed down because the manager had cameras in the bushes or bathrooms (peadophile)
    3 re opened under new management as far as i know.

yea used to go there as a kid, they had a pirate ship, a tree house, go kart, a unused pitch and put, a large muddy water hole in the middle with ropes tied out of the surrounding trees as swings, paddle boats? at the pirate ship lajke and 1 large straight slide which had a furze bush that you hit into mid way down

edit oh theres a map, which makes it look so much better than it is
    http://www.claralara.com/frames.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I remember that slide where you had to carry the boat/sled/carryer thingy all the way to the top of it - it was quite exhausting :o

especially when you were only 8. was there twice. pity to see it closed down for those reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

went there alot with the cubs/scouts always loved it. But seriously im so so shocked about the owner being like that :eek:

off topic but those anyone remember rainbow rapids? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

applesock wrote: »
    went there alot with the cubs/scouts always loved it. But seriously im so so shocked about the owner being like that :eek:

off topic but those anyone remember rainbow rapids? :)

remember it well.:D

it was rapid:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

no way i can only vaguely remember it , it was "rapid" lol. dont suppose you remember where it was? i keep thinking for some reason was in Bray! could be getting other childhood memories mixed up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

applesock wrote: »
    no way i can only vaguely remember it , it was "rapid" lol. dont suppose you remember where it was? i keep thinking for some reason was in Bray! could be getting other childhood memories mixed up :)

It is in Wicklow near Laragh and Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

It is in Wicklow near Laragh and Roundwood.

wrong.

rainbow rapids was in Dun Laoighaire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Passed it a while back big sign saying "Open under new management"

I saw a sign that said "Now 95% Nonce-Free"

http://www.claralara.com/

it hurts my eyes to look at that site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Davegalway wrote: »
    http://www.claralara.com/

it hurts my eyes to look at that site

http://www.claralara.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Clara Lara is still open and is in Co. Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

thebullkf wrote: »
    wrong.

rainbow rapids was in Dun Laoighaire.

Well obviously I assumed the question was about Clara Lara...hardly a crime considering the title of the thread and the lack of a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Rathdrum Co Wicklow ,
    oh Roundwood is not to far away

Yes its open ,different management
    Was there 2 weeks ago , Don't know about its past but its was well run and clean on my visit and very busy , The group of 10-12 year old I brought had a great day.

Advertisement