Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Einstein

Options
  • 03-07-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We were thinking of buying one of these but Smyths are sold out of them. Does anyone else know where to get one?
    Also our son is seven months, how long can we expect to get out of it?

Thanks again,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

What exactly are you buying, there is a big baby einstein range, dvd's, books, playmats etc. I have quiet alot of the things from this range from my 2 boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

hiya

i am assuming this is the product you are talking about,
    http://toys.ie/Graco-Baby-Einstein-Entertainer-!D05546-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=9c589288-5c44-42ab-9f75-fbc466735d59

first of all you should get until your baby starts walking at least...and now my daughter is one she still fits in it and loves playing with it, we adjusted the height to suit her, i think graco say its until the child is 2 years of age...

secondly, last time both smyths in cork were out of a product i wanted, i rang the nearest store (tralee, kerry) that the website said had it in stock, they were more than helpful on the phone and agreed rather then holding it until i got down the following weekend, that they would at no extra cost ship one to my nearest store for me!

i collected it two days later and paid in the cork store.

also i don't know if its the nearest but i know maylor street in cork have them in at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

hiya

i am assuming this is the product you are talking about,
    http://toys.ie/Graco-Baby-Einstein-Entertainer-!D05546-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=9c589288-5c44-42ab-9f75-fbc466735d59

first of all you should get until your baby starts walking at least...and now my daughter is one she still fits in it and loves playing with it, we adjusted the height to suit her, i think graco say its until the child is 2 years of age...

secondly, last time both smyths in cork were out of a product i wanted, i rang the nearest store (tralee, kerry) that the website said had it in stock, they were more than helpful on the phone and agreed rather then holding it until i got down the following weekend, that they would at no extra cost ship one to my nearest store for me!

i collected it two days later and paid in the cork store.

also i don't know if its the nearest but i know maylor street in cork have them in at the moment!
    thanks yeah that's the product I am looking for. Sold out in Smyths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

There's a range of those entertainers available. We got a lovely music instrument based one for our 3 year old when she was about 6 mths. The age range is from 6 mths until they start walking. They will play with it though long after they start to walk so they're good value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

thanks yeah that's the product I am looking for. Sold out in Smyths.

kildare - naas

Sligo - cleveragh retail park

Wicklow - Bray

are showing low stock try ringing them...:)

they say "
    : Low Stock - Means that we think it's there but we're not 100% sure."

but when tralee said that to me online, when i rang they had loads in stock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Hi I know you are talking about a differennt product than that what I had for my daughter but they are similar except for the toys and the make, I had a fisher price jumperoo for my daughter from the time she was about 4 month old and tbh I found that she only used it for about 5 months or so and if I had to buy one ( it was a christening present) I don't think I would, as it is an expensive thing for the length of time the child gets use out of them and they are of no great benefit to the child. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

My little boy used the Baby Einstein Activity Centre at this link http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=72825397/search=baby+einstein+musical+motion+activity/st=product/sv=title.

We got it for him when he was around 5 months and he used it til he was around 10 months. Not long you might think but at that age they don't use many toys for very long! After he was finished with it it went to my neice for a few months then on to my friend's baby for another time and it will be coming back to my house after Christmas when impending arrival will be ready for it.

At 7 months I'm not sure how long your little one will get out of it as it will depend when they start to crawl as they will want to be in it less after this.

I found the activities on the baby einstein to be great for my little boy's small motor skill development, and the best thing was it gave me 20 minute blocks on peace in the morning and afternoon to eat my brekkie and lunch while he was entertained!!

You can pick them up second hand on rollercoaster and magicmum and gumtree too. Definitely an option just a spray of dettol and they'd be brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Adamsmith90

You can find Einstein mats at any reputed baby products store. You can also find them online and order from there. Baby mats with a extra large size is perfect as it doesn't create any problem when your baby grows.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got ours from adverts.ie.
    My baby is only 3 months so not used it yet.
    The 2 year old never had one but everyone told us how great they found them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Also our son is seven months, how long can we expect to get out of it?
    Tim we had one for our fella - and while it was useful for short spells it didn't get a whole lot of use. We bought it when he about 7 months too, and I put it in the attic last month when he was 11 months as he only wanted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I only got from 4months to 7 months out of mine as my girl does not like to be confined to anything.Once she learned to crawl she wouldn't go in it. I was glad I bought it though as I sold it online and it only ended up costing me €10 as I bought it on special offer. So for the few minutes peace I got for 3 months it was well worth it

Advertisement