Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plastic Sleeves

• 03-07-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Lads where do you get plastic sleeves for photographs. You know for want of a comparison they are like sandwich bags. I'm thinking of printing photos 6x4 or 5x7 and was wondering where to get these sleeves. Any input would be great thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I saw some in easons recently that would fit your description - they'd be the kind of thing that would be suitable if you had a stand at a market and wanted to give your customer a print 'protected' from the elements. These weren't identified as photo specific - they appeared just to be plastic sleeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

faulkner packaging do them

i have a box of 13.5 * 12 or something

the only thing is you have to buy a box of 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

cheapest place i've found em is e-bay. you can usually find smaller quantities, and they're sized to hold standard photo sizes, plus mounts too if you want. cheap as [plastic] chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

stcstc wrote: »
    faulkner packaging do them

i have a box of 13.5 * 12 or something

the only thing is you have to buy a box of 1000

hmmm, do they havequick delivery. How much is a box. Would need them by next saturday.

Dan

p.s. Thanks guys will have a look in easons just on the off chance.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Are these what you want? http://www.discountpackaging.ie/PaperbagsCat.aspx?SID=1&Category_ID=360

They deliver overnight.

• Advertisement

No just clear ones no need for backing. Thanks for the link though, it's been bookmarked and is very useful for another idea. Am basically in dub or well on the outskirts for next day or so and need to source clear plastic bags essentially for a publicity shoot done in a shop today which im planning on printing out 6x4 or 7x5 prints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

well discount packaging is faulkner packaging

the ones your looking for i think are

http://www.discountpackaging.ie/PolybagsCat.aspx?SID=1&Category_ID=326

SOUND!

mods you can close this now, I've gotten what i needed. Thanks Steve

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

How many bags do you need?

How many bags do you need?

about 150 or so. Any chance you're around dublin at approx 6 today wth 150 spare ones

• Advertisement
Advertisement