Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to o2

Options
  • 03-07-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway to port to o2 that does not involve going into a shop? I has loads of those free sims lying around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No use. That only sends out free sims. There is no option to port there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Did you try ringing them?
    You'll probably need the sim card number. It should be on the packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Wouldnt go near O2 now. They are up there up with Voda with their last price increases.

mathew wrote: »
    Did you try ringing them?
    You'll probably need the sim card number. It should be on the packaging
    The problem seems to be they won't do anything by phone or online. They seem to be still very much a paper based operation.
    Wouldnt go near O2 now. They are up there up with Voda with their last price increases.

I have been given a brand new locked to o2 phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I signed up with O2 Clear online and they sent me a Sim card :) I never went near a shop. (I ported originally from Meteor to O2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Best of luck with it. And enjoy the Treats:)

angel01 wrote: »
    I signed up with O2 Clear online and they sent me a Sim card :) I never went near a shop. (I ported originally from Meteor to O2)
    Folks I am looking for prepay. Not contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Haddockman wrote: »
    I have been given a brand new locked to o2 phone.

Unlock it???

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

• Advertisement

mathew wrote: »
    Unlock it???
    Not possible, unless you know anyone that can unlock a Nokia 3710.

Zeppi wrote: »
    Can people please stop quoting that useless article which is full of untruths.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

What are the untruths? I'm with O2 on prepay and got a bit bothered when I read this, granted the changes are only a few cents. Got the cardphone warehouse July magazine and these new prices are coming into effect from July 12th according to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Can you explain where the untruths are Haddockman?

Call charges are not rising 80%. Only the minimum charge. The per minute cost remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This particular number was never on o2. The last time I enquired they would not play ball at all. It makes no sense when they are flooding the place with these free sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Call charges are not rising 80%. Only the minimum charge. The per minute cost remains the same.

You are still unable to point to any "untruths" in that article. (Because there are none.)

The only untruth that I can see here is from yourself stating it is "full of untruths".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

jordainius wrote: »
    You are still unable to point to any "untruths" in that article. (Because there are none.)

The only untruth that I can see here is from yourself stating it is "full of untruths".
    No untruths in it but it is misleading. The price to initiate a call is increasing by 80%, form 5 cent to 9 cent. As far as I know there is no increase to the price per minute of a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Dman001 wrote: »
    The price to initiate a call is increasing by 80%, form 5 cent to 9 cent.
    Ah, this is exactly what the article says...
    Dman001 wrote: »
    As far as I know there is no increase to the price per minute of a call.
    Every single chargable call on prepay is now 4 cent more expensive. And anyway, the article in question never said anything about increasing the price per minute of a call (on prepay).

Haddockman, I see you have taken the time to come along and thank posts yet you haven't taken the time to point out the "untruths" or admit you were wrong to say what you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

jordainius wrote: »
    Ah, this is exactly what the article says...

Every single chargable call on prepay is now 4 cent more expensive. And anyway, the article in question never said anything about increasing the price per minute of a call (on prepay).

Haddockman, I see you have taken the time to come along and thank posts yet you haven't taken the time to point out the "untruths" or admit you were wrong to say what you said.
    Yes that's about the biggest affect of the change of pricing, which isn't a big blow at the same time. I wouldn't exactly advise people to stay away fromt he network on this sole fact. I think what Haddockman meant was that the headline of the article would nearly make you believe that your bill will have an 80% increase, or that there will be an 80% increase in price per minute calls.

I think we are going way off topic too, and should try to get back the the original topic.

Got sorted yesterday. I did have to go to a shop as they could not do it over the phone.
    3 took their sweet time releasing the number though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Got sorted yesterday. I did have to go to a shop as they could not do it over the phone.
    3 took their sweet time releasing the number though. :(

I know its too late now but if you call from the number you want to port in (and agent can confirm this on their caller id) and can confirm the sim pack details (pins and puks) they can do it over the phone;)

Didn't work. Tried that first. :) Agent did not ask for PINs or PUKs from the sim thou.
    After 5 hours nothing so I went to a shop. Got it done quickly at that point.

Advertisement