Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a Video about the RIC revolver from Dublin

Options
  • 03-07-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

the play in the cylinder is normal in british revolvers harmoniums and isn't wear or a problem , if you cock the pistol and hold the hammer with your thumb and pull the trigger letting the hammer all the way forwards and not letting go of either the hammer or trigger (push the hammer hard against the frame) , the cylinder should move an awful lot less if you try and move it with your other hand.

what proof marks does it have , if any ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

rowa wrote: »
    the play in the cylinder is normal in british revolvers harmoniums and isn't wear or a problem , if you cock the pistol and hold the hammer with your thumb and pull the trigger letting the hammer all the way forwards and not letting go of either the hammer or trigger (push the hammer hard against the frame) , the cylinder should move an awful lot less if you try and move it with your other hand.

what proof marks does it have , if any ?

Yes I noticed when i drop the hammer slowly the play goes away, and the cylinder lines up fine.
    There is on weird marking I'll take a picture of in a few mins

Advertisement