Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8gb

Options
  • 03-07-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi my n95 started going into offline mode out of the blue . Now there is no network coverage at all . Everything else is working fine . I have used the restore to factory settings and also performed a hard reset but neither of these have worked .

Any ideas what i can do or what might be the cause ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does it say 'offline' mode, and an X where the signal strength should be, or is their just no signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Had a similar problem a couple of months ago with my N95. Cant remember what the screen showed but the problem was just with the sim card. Went into the vodafone shop got a new sim and problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Davy wrote: »
    Does it say 'offline' mode, and an X where the signal strength should be, or is their just no signal?
    I got it out of the offline mode . There is no bars showing in the signal strenght area but the 3G sign is there .
    If i dial a number it shows a msg No network coverage or No operator coverage . I have tried the sim in my other phone and its fine .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I got it out of the offline mode . There is no bars showing in the signal strenght area but the 3G sign is there .
    If i dial a number it shows a msg No network coverage or No operator coverage . I have tried the sim in my other phone and its fine .:confused:
    It doesn't matter if your sim works in other phones, you want it to work with the N95 and it seems to be picky with sims. Same thing happened to my N95 8gb with an O2 sim shortly after I changed to bill pay: bad signal lots of times and got "sim card registration failed" 2-3 times a day. The sim worked flawlessly in my gf's Nokia 5310 and my old 6630. Popped into an O2 shop, they changed it in 2 minutes with no charge. Try it, it can't hurt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Thank Beci but still no joy . Ive tried 5 sims in it now inc a new 1.
    Is it possible for it to be a problem with an antenna or does it even have 1 .??

• Advertisement
Advertisement