Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst accent?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

The worse accent is probably the scotish accent. Other terrible ones are the australian and american accents, the dublin accents, cork, limerick very strong kerry accents. When chinese people are talking english their accents are abit annoying and when some italian men are talking in english they sound very sleazy and snakey just by the sound of their accent but they are probably really nice though. Sometimes it not a person's accents its just the sound of some peoples voice that isn't easy on the ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Corin in big brother has the most annoying accent ever not sure where abouts in england shes from but oh my god it makes me want to turn it off anytime she comes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

London accent: East-End & that fake urban' accent is sooooooo annoying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I actually love the Norn Iron accent, went out with a guy from Belfast for a spell, if he was annoying me and I was stuck for a comeback I'd just go "durdle urdle urdle urrr sitcheeayshin", he hated it :D

The Sligo town accent is cat, totally flat and nasal with elongated vowels "eeeeh whaaaaadaya saaaaayin'? Fúckin' shtaaaaaate a ya! Ine gonna get a saaaasage saaaangwich fer me brekkkfast", but I've moved to LImerick city which isn't much better. I can deal with those accents though, as long as I don't have to listen to a Louth one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

NoHornJan wrote: »
    Go to the Croke Park area now and listen to an angry Louth accent..

is it worst angry ? dutch for me urggh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

I actually love the Norn Iron accent, went out with a guy from Belfast for a spell, if he was annoying me and I was stuck for a comeback I'd just go "durdle urdle urdle urrr sitcheeayshin", he hated it :D

:D that gets done to me a lot!
    and your spelling is actually spot on to how it sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Dublin skanger accent and fake D4 accents. Hate both. Also, Bristol West Country and Lancashire accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The Bristol accent does my head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Tried to put this in my last post but it didn't seem to work, tis flippin' gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISnd8f55AE

How much are the sweeties?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Odats wrote: »
    Dublin skanger accent and fake D4 accents. Hate both. Also, Bristol West Country and Lancashire accents.

lol, someone from Waterford slagging accents :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

London accent: East-End & that fake urban' accent is sooooooo annoying.

I hear ya. Most annoying one for me is the fake black London accent that came about in the last few years, and the white kids are doing it there too now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Watched Fargo the other night, according to IMDb the accents are only a slight exaggeration. What a terrible accent! Funny though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

I love the Fargo accent!

"Ya?.....Ya!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I was in a club in Dublin a few months ago at my friend´s hen and this fella started chatting me up at the bar...he said I sounded like I was from Louth!! How could he possibly think that would get him into my knickers?? I don´t sound like I´m from Louth, I´ve got a distinctive North County Dublin accent thank you very much! I was deeply offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I was in a club in Dublin a few months ago at my friend´s hen and this fella started chatting me up at the bar...he said I sounded like I was from Louth!! How could he possibly think that would get him into my knickers?? I don´t sound like I´m from Louth, I´ve got a distinctive North County Dublin accent thank you very much! I was deeply offended.

Ah now,that was a compliment, a Louth accent beats a dublin one anyday! But anyway yeah that was strange,there's nothing in common at all between the 2 accents

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Some people from Drogheda could be mistaken for being from North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Benny Lava wrote: »
    Kildare's the same but it does take some of the spillover population from Dublin.

Not really there's a pretty big difference,most dubs I know never stop complaining about the drogheda accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Ricardo G wrote: »
    100% cork accent, as tommy tiernan once quoted, " like a tinker talkin french"

What I find laughable is the cork accent many say we have dosent exist..Like Americans and thhat dreaded Irish accent.

I can remeber watching the O2 ad with the knitting and it was ment to be the cork guy in it..I never once in my life hear dthat accent!

The most dreadfull Cork accent in the North Side city...but tbh I dont find it ahlf as bad as some of the North side or south side bulin accents!((There are many accents everywehre..changing every few miles throughout this Island!))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Not really there's a pretty big difference,most dubs I know never stop complaining about the drogheda accent!

Really?

They sound quite similar to me. Maybe Drogheda isn't as strong as most Northside ones and has a rhotacism that isn't found in Dublin, but otherwise I think they are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The way Africans talk there accent manky like someone inflated there lips and tongue. Ya don't have clue what there saying most the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The accent in Drogheda is pretty bad but it comes 2nd place to the North Dublin accent. That is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I always thought the Wickla accent was pretty carp, its like a mix of a boggers accent a tiny bit of Dub and spoken at a real slow pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Inner City scummy disgusting foul accent that makes me want to puke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Its not so much accents that annoy me, its more that condescending tone people have in their voice when for some reason they think they are better than someone else!

Its funny here, becasue even though i cant hear any of you, I am getting that same grating smugness from many of the comments in this thread.

Really?

They sound quite similar to me. Maybe Drogheda isn't as strong as most Northside ones and has a rhotacism that isn't found in Dublin, but otherwise I think they are similar.

No not really,a lot of people from dublin have moved up to drogheda in the last few years,but the traditional townies have the traditional imbred accent! Kildare and Wicklow would be a bit more similiar but not a lot. Drogheda people stress out vowels a lot,a bit like the dundalk accent,but saying that again there's not much similiarities there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kildare (Naas) ....has to be
    can of cawk
    slice of tawst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Dwaaawda
    Kyaavan / Moanaghan
    Most of Belfast
    Michigan (unless you're a pretty girl)
    Upstate New York (Oi put new toires on my caaar)
    Southern US (even if you are a pretty girl)

Birmingham / Wolverhampton (The Black Countroy...just think Ozzie Osbourne)

D4

And of course South Africa ( "Goot now blaaadee probe-lem shooting you, moy frind!")

Advertisement