Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat in Blacklion

Options
  • 03-07-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Fair play to Tidy Towns committee, great job done in Blacklion with boat, stones etc. looks terrific.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Agreed. Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

+ 1 - Admired it myself this afternoon. Excellent additional feature to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

6A3AD1E852704233826764F9018C839E-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

lol. Nice one John, i knew you wouldn't let the side down. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Looks very well not a chance its going to be moved into the middle of the road now! unless its the Hulk! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I read that wrongly

goat3a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Apparently cost 18000 euros according to the rumour mill. Terrible eyesore. Bring back the flowerbeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Your very much in the minority with that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

looks very well , nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Ok if you're happy with a dried out flowerbed and a rickety boat taken from the beach as it was the only left for 18k, fair enough.

On a positive note fair play to the couple who are out most nights watering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

OK - you dont like it and thats your right as they say you cant please all of the people all of the time but please dont put down the people who worked hard giving up their time trying to keep the town looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Apparently cost 18000 euros according to the rumour mill. Terrible eyesore. Bring back the flowerbeds.

I disagree with that.

I think its great, especially seeing as most of the maritime fixtures are now gone, i.e. the flag post, the anchor at joes etc.

Greystones is an old fishing town, with loads of small boating culture. (rowing, fishing, potting etc) Its a grand oul skiffl. And knowing Greystones, I am gonna need some proof before I believe it cost 18k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

d'Oracle wrote: »
    And knowing Greystones, I am gonna need some proof before I believe it cost 18k.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

what rumour mill?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

4842046782_7ba2bcec1c_b.jpg
    :D:D:D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Nice photo John. I recognise that monument. It is located between the harbour and the La Touche Hotel. :D

Advertisement