Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Well done Mark English. The one time I wasn't able to watch it cos of poxy red button! Was watching for the results on my phone during my own birthday party, no one else knew what the hell I was on about:O. Delighted for him hopefully this is a dog of things to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thomas Barr had another stormer. EAP in Zurich he broke the 400 mh record. 48.9

Excellent performance from English. Finished like a train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

walshb wrote: »
    Thomas Barr had another stormer. EAP in Zurich he broke the 400 mh record. 48.9

Incredibly strong last 80 metres there. From 4th to 1st. Great to see.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

European Team Championship. BBC One Sat 12.15pm, and Sunday 12pm on BBC Two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

veganrun wrote: »
    European Team Championship. BBC One Sat 12.15pm, and Sunday 12pm on BBC Two.

This is the premier competition, with the UK, France, and the bigger nations, which is on in Braunschweig, Germany. Ireland is in the division below, which is taking place in Tallinn, Estonia.

I'm not sure if/where it is being broadcast; a quick google didn't give me anything.

I'd love to watch it though, if anyone else knows something I don't! As usual, I think we'll be strong on the track and terrible in the majority of the field events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Not on tv, but apparently there will be live streaming here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Live coverage will run from 11am to 3pm both Saturday and Sunday, and can be received on Sky 191, eircom 191, freesat 400 and online at www.irishtv.ie

Coverage is also available on the same platforms in the UK, and the live web feed is available worldwide.

How to watch -
    1. SKY TV channel 191 across Ireland and the UK (13 millions homes)
    2. All Free to Air boxes in Ireland
    3. Eircom's eVsion channel 191 (35,000 subscribers)
    4. Freesat (3 million carriers)
    5. Online at IRISHTV.ie and IRISHTV.com (200,000 visitors per month)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Watching the IrishTV stream online now from the UK. Great to be able to see it, but the video quality is absolutely terrible. 240 or 360p I'd say.

I presume it's better than that via Sky or Freesat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Good coverage on sky 191
    Tom Barr on next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The IrishTV went off air on me in the final 60m in the men 400m. How did Brian get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He won by a very narrow margin.

Nice 1 thanks.

Bloody hell. Show us the race.

Mark English coming up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Superbly mature and controlled performance by Mark English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Diamond League from Lausanne on BBC red button tonight from 7 (or so they day anyway! :rolleyes:)

pconn062 wrote: »
    Diamond League from Lausanne on BBC red button tonight from 7 (or so they day anyway! :rolleyes:)

It's on alright, they even have Red Button HD now. I like the shots of the warm up field.

• Advertisement

Gatlin, Gay, Rodgers: 1,2,3

And the Yanks talk about the Turks and Greeks doping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

9.93 for Tyson Gay in his first race back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Itziger wrote: »
    Gatlin, Gay, Rodgers: 1,2,3

And the Yanks talk about the Turks and Greeks doping.

No more or less than the Irish....

drquirky wrote: »
    No more or less than the Irish....

DrQ, I haven't done the percentages per capita or anything but 3 lads with 'colourful' pasts in one 100metre race from the same country............. Don't know if we're quite at that level are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Itziger wrote: »
    DrQ, I haven't done the percentages per capita or anything but 3 lads with 'colourful' pasts in one 100metre race from the same country............. Don't know if we're quite at that level are we?

I'd be willing to bet if you did the percentages out you'd find elite Irish and elite Anerican athletics are equally dirty.

drquirky wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet if you did the percentages out you'd find elite Irish and elite Anerican athletics are equally dirty.

Man, you could be right. I'm very, very far from having a romantic, rose-tinted picture of doping in sport. Sad, but true.

I see the latest cyclist, Orica Greenedge fella (one of the new 'clean' teams, don't ya know) says he NEVER took what he returned positive for and has NO idea how it got into his system. I believe it's a well-known masking agent.

Diamond League Glasgow - Friday (tomorrow) 6.30pm - 9pm BBC Two & Saturday 2pm - 5pm on BBC One.

PS: Does anyone know if the European mountain running championships this weekend will be on TV or streamed anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Still bitter that they moved it to Glasgow rather than back to Crystal Palace tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

I know the BBC should focus on their own athletes but seriously, it's as if there is no one else at the meet.

• Advertisement

I know the BBC should focus on their own athletes but seriously, it's as if there is no one else at the meet.

I saw we had an Irish team running in the relays but they didn't even complete the first baton change!

Advertisement