Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Continental Cup from Marrakech will be shown on Eurosport 2 , Sunday 14th September.
    Mark English representing Europe, along with Kzscot, in the 800m.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sam30

walshb wrote: »
    I thought right at the end she might just nick it. Great race.

she ran great and took some good scalps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Great North run and games this weekend.
    http://corkathletics.org/Athletics-on-TV-This-Week.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

rom wrote: »
    Great North run and games this weekend.
    http://corkathletics.org/Athletics-on-TV-This-Week.html

Those were on a few weeks ago?

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Those were on a few weeks ago?

Ahh I saw a post on FB that Haile was doing the Bupa Great South Run and then I got a notification for that link. Didn't check the dates. How did I miss that the GNR :( ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

How did I miss that the GNR :( ?
    You didn't really miss anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Berlin Marathon NOT on Eurosport this weekend!
    What the hell?

Berlin marathon stream. Currently 5 seconds quicker at 25k mark, than world record run in 2013. Looks warm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Berlin marathon stream. Currently 5 seconds quicker at 25k mark, than world record run in 2013. Looks warm though.

Flanagan leading the women and looking good for the AR Ryan Vail pacemaking for her lol

• Advertisement

New world record for 30k apparently for Mutai, by 27 seconds. Surely the pacemakers crossed that point first though, before dropping out?!
    Lead pack are on 2:03:15 pace.

New world record for 30k apparently for Mutai, by 27 seconds. Surely the pacemakers crossed that point first though, before dropping out?!
    Lead pack are on 2:03:15 pace.

They just dropped a 2:47 and then a 2:46 k f'ing insane!!! Sahping up to be a hell of a finish here...

We're gonna see 2:02:XX if they can hold it for the last 10k...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

dukeraoul wrote: »

Kimetto looking a little bit more comfortable than Mutai, Definitely looking good for it anyway

In the shade now, which has got to help. Temperatures are around 12'C in the shade, so perfect for these guys. Looked tough in the earlier sunshine though. May be hard on our Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

46 seconds up on WR at 40k

Incredible! 2:02:57!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

2:02:57 for kimetto. Mutai also under the old record. Savage stuff.

Incredible! 2:02:57!

Finally stops all the G Mutai World Best time crap to from Boston.

Great to see Berlin as an out and out race rather than a one man time trial

That was pretty fun to watch.

• Advertisement

That was pretty fun to watch.
    Good to see that there weren't any d1ck-heads jumping out in front Kimetto as he crossed the finish line.

Flanagan 2.21.13 for our Yank compatriots, PB but no AR

Its too bad for Flanagan tbh I kinda feel like if she hadn't gone out hard for that AR she would have been in w/ a shout to win the race. Such a fine line and just blew up.

Still a PB is a PB. Well done my Masshole compadre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good to see that there weren't any d1ck-heads jumping out in front Kimetto as he crossed the finish line.

I almost thought one of the wheelchairs was gonna take him out of it with 150m to go

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sam30

god forbid someone would try to highlight a humanitarian crisis to a worldwide audience and ruin your viewing pleasure. if a high profile protest even has a chance of making someones life better in a war ravaged country it is to commended . Running is just a sport

sam30 wrote: »
    god forbid someone would try to highlight a humanitarian crisis to a worldwide audience and ruin your viewing pleasure. if a high profile protest even has a chance of making someones life better in a war ravaged country it is to commended . Running is just a sport

The guy who ran in front of Kipsang last year was advertising a prostitution website. Maybe you shouldn't post while drunk...

sam30 wrote: »
    If you choose to support the abuse and dehumanization of women, then I suppose that's entirely your right. It's just not my gig. Also Germany tends to get a bit raucous on a Saturday night, but I'd hardly describe it as war-ravaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Poor auld Mutai. The lad must be sick of coming second but he could have been a bit more gracious in defeat. Very ignorant when Kimetto went to hug him at the end and he just pushed him off.

• Advertisement

Poor auld Mutai. The lad must be sick of coming second but he could have been a bit more gracious in defeat. Very ignorant when Kimetto went to hug him at the end and he just pushed him off.

If the WR is what you are going for and anything less is failure then it can be hard to be happy. Nice to see that it mattered so much to both.

Advertisement