Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

rom wrote: »
    If the WR is what you are going for and anything less is failure then it can be hard to be happy. Nice to see that it mattered so much to both.

You can be unhappy and still not be a pr1ck. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

You can be unhappy and still not be a pr1ck. They're not mutually exclusive.

Bit of a mountain of a molehill tbh. Not everyone likes hugs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Any chance of there being highlights or anything of this on TV soon? I checked the Sky TV guide this morning and didn't see anything listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Some Kind of Wizard

veganrun wrote: »
    Any chance of there being highlights or anything of this on TV soon? I checked the Sky TV guide this morning and didn't see anything listed.

There is a video of the full marathon on youtube. Think it was linked earlier in this thread.

There is a video of the full marathon on youtube. Think it was linked earlier in this thread.

Cool, that's tonight's viewing sorted :D

• Advertisement

Great Scottish Run - Sunday 5th October (this Sunday) 10.30am on BBC Two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

ASICS Outrun the Sun Saturday 10am on Eurosport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Amsterdam Marathon next Sunday morning 8.15am on Eurosport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Athletics on TV this week

Amsterdam Marathon LIVE tomorrow morning, on Eurosport, repeated Monday.
    Bupa Great Birmingham Run Live tomorrow morning, on Channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Is there no elite women in Amsterdam marathon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Not quite on tv exactly, but the Toronto Waterfront Marathon is being streamed live on YouTube now. Type 'Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2014' into YouTube or Google and you'll find it there. 50 mins into it now.

New York Marathon - Sunday 2.30pm on Eurosport 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Also Sky 191, same time - 7pm tomorrow evening Tuesday 4th Nov. Covered in "Cork County Matters". Channel and other tuning details on Cork AAI website

Condo131 wrote: »
    Also Sky 191, same time - 7pm tomorrow evening Tuesday 4th Nov. Covered in "Cork County Matters". Channel and other tuning details on Cork AAI website

was this on, thought I set it up to record but got some other crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Dindane

was this on, thought I set it up to record but got some other crap.

I've switched on this channel when athletics or cycling has been promised, and sometimes it's on and sometimes it's not.

They don't come across as being the most reliable in terms of their schedule.

It was on, as scheduled. It'll be repeated next Sunday morning, at 10:30.

I had mens shed on my drive. Turns out my box never went back an hour. Is it on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Is there no elite women in Amsterdam marathon??

There were, but they didn't bother to cover the women's race until the men had finished. Even then the coverage was pretty limited and they spent as much time talking about the bleeding nipples on some guy running behind the lead woman. Pretty poor stuff.

I had mens shed on my drive. Turns out my box never went back an hour. Is it on again?
    :)

• Advertisement

Dublin Marathon has popped up on Setanta's schedule.

It's on Friday next at 7:45, and on twice on Sunday week. Details are on their listings page, if you can get it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Highlights of Yorkshire Marathon on SS4 at the moment. 9:30-10:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Valencia Marathon live now....
    http://www.levantetv.es

Laudable for the Dublin Marathon organisers to put together coverage themselves for the second year, but time to bring the broadcast professionals back I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dindane wrote: »
    Laudable for the Dublin Marathon organisers to put together coverage themselves for the second year, but time to bring the broadcast professionals back I think.

I actually thought it was the biggest load of crap ever seen. Last year it was good, this year there was no proper coverage of the top runners.

Either do it correctly or dont bother at all

I actually thought it was the biggest load of crap ever seen. Last year it was good, this year there was no proper coverage of the top runners.

Either do it correctly or dont bother at all

I'm afraid the worst thing that could have happened was coverage going across to RTE for that one year in 2011.

There had been solid coverage on TV3 and Setanta for years before that with highlights either on the night itself or the night after, and then a longer version the following weekend. It wasn't live, but it was good.

Event schedule and TV coverage listed on Cork AAI website

Not really sure what's happening:
    RTE2 are covering "Live" but, apparently not starting untiil after women's race
    BBC are covering via "Red Button" - presumably BBC1. Repeat at 22:00, but, again, not listed.

I'll update the above page when I know more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

BBC RB 1
    Athletics: European Cross Country
    Sunday 8:25am

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/2051/9693

RTE2 sudo live coverage
    European Cross Country Athletics
    Sunday 10:55am
    http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/1252/1121

Thanks Rom! All the printed media I've seen are very confusing. SKY seem to have updated their listings since yesterday, so coverage times now look more realistic all round.

• Advertisement

Marathon Men 8pm RTE2 tonight. Documentary about two guys running 32 marathons in 32 days around Ireland.

Advertisement