Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

España -v- Germany, Wed 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

• 03-07-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

a99.jpg
    España -v- Germany
    Match 62 - Semi-final
    Durban - Durban Stadium
    Wednesday 7 July, 2010
    7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Waves to Johnnyryan99 :pac: and I just won €200 :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Hopefully Germany will kick the crap outta them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Can't wait, hoping for a German win!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Expecting Germany to win. Dont think Spain will hold them but then again, we've seen some shocks so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Muller is suspended for the Germans so that will certainly weaken them somewhat.

He has four goals so far in the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

0-3 easiest victory for Germany yet

• Advertisement

Seemingly Muller has 3 assists aswell as four goals in the tournament - thats definitely gonna be a blow.

Anyone know who will play instead of him ?

I'm not sure if Spain go behind that they can recover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Spain to get the job done. 2-1.

redout wrote: »
    Seemingly Muller has 3 assists aswell as four goals in the tournament - thats definitely gonna be a blow.

Maybe Trochowski or Kroos??

I'd say Trochowski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Piotr Trochowski I'd say, he's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

They could try Marko Marin, hopefully Germany will win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Germany for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Germany to crush them.

Early match thread !!

12-0 Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

#15 wrote: »
    Maybe Trochowski or Kroos??

Ye, reckon so too. It may not be a straight swap, some re-shuffling may be needed but I'd say it's going to be either of the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

The cream of the crop, should really be the final

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Early match thread !!

12-0 Germany

Ye dam it. And I was going to do the nice logos and the write-up and all. ;) Ah well, no point now.

Hmm we will have to see what that squid thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Im looking forward to this! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

• Advertisement

Germany - España meh

either

Germany - Spain

or

Deutschland - España

Sorry, just being German...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Really hope Spain win this, but can't look past an easy German win.

I hope that Del Bosque finally acknowledges that Torres aint right and drops him.

Because all we have seen is five poor performances to be honest - can only wonder what might have been if Llorente played all the games instead.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Germany - España meh

either

Germany - Spain

or

Deutschland - España

Sorry, just being German...:cool:

Ah, the familiar German pedantry.

Not being xenophobic, the other half is German.

Ah, the familiar German pedantry.

Or better again:

SSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the more reason (at times)

Spain have the same problem that Argentina have. They have too many superstars and they try to play as many as they can, but in the end they just don't seem to work as a team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

David Villa has to be the lone centre forward on Wednesday.

If Torres starts again, well, it is already one foot in the final for Germany. You then would expect them to win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

WTF @ germany being out and out favourites.

If Germany played Paraguay today, it would not have been 4-0. Meanwhile, if Spain played Argentina, there would have been 3-4 goals before half time. Germany VS Spain is totally different from Germany VS Argentina. I think if Spain play Fabregas from the start and leave Torres on the bench they will nick it 2-1.

I don't expect Germany to be getting too many goals, as they would be cautious of Spain going at them.

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Spain have the same problem that Argentina have. They have too many superstars and they try to play as many as they can, but in the end they just don't seem to work as a team

That accusation is just wrong.

The majority of this team is the one that won Euro 2008.

Del Bosque has changed the system and decided to deploy two more defensive midfielders and drop an attacking midfielder.

This has led to Xavi being choked of the ball and having less outlets to deploy his passes - he has had to try adapt.

Nobody is a fan of this system and more or less the whole Spanish press has demanded that it be dropped but Del Bosque is having none of it.

Also the fact Torres has without doubt been rushed back from surgery he had with Liverpool hasnt helped.

I think that Shearer and Hansen had it spot on tonight when they said Spain have practically played all their games with only 10 men because Torres is totally out of it.

Del Bosque has said they didnt play well but he is happy they took their chance. He gave credit to Paraguay and said that Germany are the best team in the tournament at the moment.

CorkMan wrote: »
    WTF @ germany being out and out favourites.

If Germany played Paraguay today, it would not have been 4-0. Meanwhile, if Spain played Argentina, there would have been 3-4 goals before half time. Germany VS Spain is totally different from Germany VS Argentina. I think if Spain play Fabregas from the start and leave Torres on the bench they will nick it 2-1.

I don't expect Germany to be getting too many goals, as they would be cautious of Spain going at them.

Too many if's in your post.
    Nobody knows what would have happened if Germany had played Paraguay. But I' m wondering are you suggesting that Paraguay is much better than Argentina then, is it? I wonder would you have suggested that last night, too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I can;t see Germany having too many problems with Spain to be honest, I think it was Des who predicted a Netherlands v Germany final very early on and it looks like that is becoming more and more likely. Would love to see the Dutch finally get the trophy as they have been close so often.

karma_ wrote: »
    I can;t see Germany having too many problems with Spain to be honest, I think it was Des who predicted a Netherlands v Germany final very early on and it looks like that is becoming more and more likely. Would love to see the Dutch finally get the trophy as they have been close so often.

While it would be a great final and while I can also entertain your thought that Holland deserves a title I must say hopefully not if Germany could get it instead.

But there is two very good teams who don't want this to happen at all, so let's not get hasty.

While it would be a great final and while I can also entertain your thought that Holland deserves a title I must say hopefully not if Germany could get it instead.

But there is two very good teams who don't want this to happen at all, so let's not get hasty.

Germany would be worthy winners for sure, one of teh few teams to entertain this WC and if they get to the final they will have dispatched England, Argentina and Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Argentina made chances against Germany and Spain will too.

3-1 Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Think Germany will win, but missing Mueller is a big blow.

Sticking to my guns for Spain to win the WC tho. 1-0 Spain.

Think Germany will win, but missing Mueller is a big blow.

Sticking to my guns for Spain to win the WC tho. 1-0 Spain.

You haven't been right about anything since 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Waves to Johnnyryan99 :pac: and I just won €200 :D

Aw cheers buddy:p Put it all on Germany now and your away with it and by 2+ while ur at it!! Handy money sure! Although i must say fair play if u had the tremendous incite to predict a shock win for Spain tonight.........against Paraguay:rolleyes:! Something tells me this thread could be special come Wendnesday.. 7:30ish :D

Aw cheers buddy:p Put it all on Germany now and your away with it and by 2+ while ur at it!! Handy money sure! Although i must say fair play if u had the tremendous incite to predict a shock win for Spain tonight.........against Paraguay:rolleyes:! Something tells me this thread could be special come Wendnesday.. 7:30ish :D

Well that shows what the hell you know!

A person would wanna have balls to wager big at 1/2 against considering the way Spain have been playing in the tournament.

Roll on wednesday indeed - I dont predict a winner just like I didnt predict one with any of Spains games since they were beaten by the Swiss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is impossible to predict. What an occasion it promises to be though. The midfield battle will be crucila and absolutely fascinating to watch unfold.

One side point - why in the world are Real Madrid wasting their time looking at Gerrard when Schweisteiger is available. They should break the bank for him, his transformation into a world class midfield general has been extraordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Pretty please a Germany win.

karma_ wrote: »
    You haven't been right about anything since 1994.

This is true! Lost 3 bets today on Spain

flahavaj wrote: »
    One side point - why in the world are Real Madrid wasting their time looking at Gerrard when Schweisteiger is available. They should break the bank for him, his transformation into a world class midfield general has been extraordinary.

I think Bayern management have already made it very clear that he's anything but. Can't find the link at the moment but I was reading a statement from Rummenigge earlier this week saying that not one of Bayerns internationals currently attracting attention at the World Cup are up for debate. He sounded fairly adamant.

Edit: But I agree, he's matured from a talented player who I was not quite sure whether he'll make it big into an absolute class act. He has really impressed me. And so has Lahm, although with him I already knew that he was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Spain are a championship winning side full of experience. I expect them to beat Germany but they will have to be better at the back.

I think Bayern management have already made it very clear that he's anything but. Can't find the link at the moment but I was reading a statement from Rummenigge earlier this week saying that not one of Bayerns internationals currently attracting attention at the World Cup are up for debate. He sounded fairly adamant.

£40 million and he'd soon change his tune.

Everyone has their price, don't kid yourself.

Buying a german player based on the International tournaments is a big risk in my opinion.

We have seen before that these guys are top class on the international stage but when it comes to the club football they really aint at the same level.

Kind of like the opposite of England.

Buying a german player based on the International tournaments is a big risk in my opinion.

We have seen before that these guys are top class on the international stage but when it comes to the club football they really aint at the same level.

He was excellent for Bayern in the CL as well in fairness.

But generally thats a good point, buying players based solely on a good World Cup often works out badly.

I call it Milan Baros Syndrome.

Klose and Poldolski had terrible seasons with their club this year IIRC?

And Klose and Poldolski always play well for their country.

Can you give me an example? I'm curious because very few Germans transfer abroad and of the few that do I recall hardly any failures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement