Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

España -v- Germany, Wed 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Really looking forward to this game but I'm not too sure where I stand regarding the winner. Pre-tournament I hoped Spain would win the thing, but the way the last 3-4 weeks have played out, I think I now actually want Germany to beat Spain tonight, and hammer the Dutch in the final. :)

I am just fascinated with how Germany are playing right now. The fast fluid counter attacking is so refreshing. They seem so decisive in what they do, and seem to know what paths their teammates are running in at all times. It really is a joy to watch. Spain have almost been laboured in comparison.

Even though I am a Liverpool fan, I can't see how or why Del Bosque would start with Torres. He has been pretty much a passenger so far and Spain have gotten away with it to date, but I don't think they will against Ze Germans. I'd start with Fabregas playing behind Villa and see how that goes.

Even without Muller (gutted he won't be on show tonight) I think Germany will be too clinical for Spain.

Roll on 7.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

German Alan partridge

Really cant call this one..puyol does have a red flashing light over his head though..but i image we will see a different Spain at the back tonight...can also see torres netting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

As long as the ref and his team are up to the job! Anyone know what officials are taking charge tonight?

Hope Spain get hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Nike Özil weirdness

wtf?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I'm off into town to watch this on the big screen.

Hopefully Spain can do it but it would be even better if they done it in style.

There could be a change in the lineup going by reports - Sorry Nando.

Viva España

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

My prediction is 3-1 Germany :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

_Bella_ wrote: »
    My prediction is 3-1 Germany :D

Nah, I think Spain 4-0 ;)

4-2 Germany!

4 seems to be the magic number :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Going on games both have played so far in the WC, it has to be Germany.
    They've been great to watch while Spain as someone said above have been very laboured.
    Supported Spain against Germany two years ago but roles are reversed this year.
    Germany to win and beat the Dutch on Sunday!

prinz wrote: »
    4-2 Germany!

4 seems to be the magic number :D

4 bodies to be discovered in the stands after the crowd leaves

CorkMan wrote: »
    Nah, I think Spain 4-0 ;)

Same team that lost to Switzerland :pac:

CorkMan wrote: »
    4 bodies to be discovered in the stands after the crowd leaves

Blatter and 3 vuvuzela blowers? ;)

Was anyone in town last Saturday? There was a German victory march going on!

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Was anyone in town last Saturday? There was a German victory march going on!
    So they got that time machine working after all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Sid Lowe is saying Torres is out and Pedro is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

España lineup:
    Casillas; Capdevila, Puyol, Piqué, Ramos; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Villa, Iniesta, Pedrito

No Torres = :D

Pedrito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

redout wrote: »
    España lineup:
    Casillas; Capdevila, Puyol, Piqué, Ramos; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Villa, Iniesta, Pedrito

No Torres = :D

Pedrito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Espana por el finale hoy. Vamos Espana!!!

• Advertisement

They will miss torres's height tonight...they could be a fox in the Spanish chicken house!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Amazing how public opinion got Torres dropped. Germany to win 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

No Torres or Fabregas! Wow, the EPL really has had a poor showing in this WC hasn't it!

Actually thinking about it now.......who from the Premiership has had a decent WC?

Kevin Prince Boateng
    Nigel De Jong
    John Mensah
    Clint Dempsey
    Dirk Kuyt

I'm sure there's a couple more but none that stick out tbh.

Actually Loew is wearing his magic jumper ;) Make that 4-2

http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/jogi-loews-lucky-blue-sweater.html
    Loew wore the eye catching cashmere number during Germany’s 4-0 spanking of Australia, during the 4-1 demolition of England and – at the request of assistant coach Hansi Flick – for the 4-0 win quarterfinal win over Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

massive decision by del bosque, he better hope it comes off

Fizman wrote: »
    No Torres or Fabregas! Wow, the EPL really has had a poor showing in this WC hasn't it!

Actually thinking about it now.......who from the Premiership has had a decent WC?

Kevin Prince Boateng
    Nigel De Jong
    John Mensah
    Clint Dempsey
    Dirk Kuyt

I'm sure there's a couple more but none that stick out tbh.

Terry......he's the worlds best defender....at least Andy Gray says so and he knows the premiership most...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Surprised he left Cesc out, would've had him as a starter and get rid of Torres!

For a new name on the trophy Spain to win. But for the best football Germany!

Although Paul the octopuss or whatever he is, has already predicted Spain!!

Fizman wrote: »

Kevin Prince Boateng
    Nigel De Jong
    John Mensah
    Clint Dempsey
    Dirk Kuyt
    Kuyt player of the tournament for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pedrito to start!!! What a rise that young man has had in the last 12 months.

Got to say I am surprised. Has a player ever made his full competitive debut in a bigger game?

ultain wrote: »
    Kuyt player of the tournament for me.

the best from the PL maybe, but not the actual best overall surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Pedro starts ahead of torres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

event wrote: »
    but not the actual best overall surely?

Kuyt has been fantastic. He's up there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Good decision dropping Torres , Spain have a better chance now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No Torres... no surprise. Thought it'd be for Silva... but not Villa keeps his spot on the left.

Fook the octopus, Germany should win this... shouldn't they...!?

Going for Espana Spain though, come on!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Kuyt has been fantastic. He's up there anyway.

from the dutch team, its sneijder who's been the outstanding player

IMO tonight if practically the final. I cant see Holland beating either side.

Torres dropped is the best news I heard all day.

The manager was idiotic for playing him constantly while injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Trochowski in for Mueller is the only change for Germany

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_62/default.stm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    No Torres... no surprise. Thought it'd be for Silva... but not Villa keeps his spot on the left.

Fook the octopus, Germany should win this... shouldn't they...!?

Going for Espana Spain though, come on!

Last time Nadal won Wimbledon in 2008, Spain won the Euros, Nadal won again this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Last time Nadal won Wimbledon, Spain won the Euros, Nadal won again this year!

Last game Spain won Torres started...tonight he is not. Can't beat a good omen...c'mon Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Germany: 1 Neuer - 16 Lahm, 17 Mertesacker, 3 Friedrich, 20 Boateng - 6 Khedira, 7 Schweinsteiger - 15 Trochowski, 8 Özil, 10 Podolski - 11 Klose

Spain: 1 Casillas - 15 Ramos, 3 Pique, 5 Puyol, 11 Capdevila - 16 Busquets - 8 Xavi, 14 Xabi Alonso, 6 Iniesta - 10 Fabregas (9 Torres/21 Silva) - 7 Villa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Really looking forward to this. Whatever the result im sure we will get a decent match with 2 really good teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Good luck to both teams but considering my Spanish background I'll be shouting for Spain;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Come on Germany :)

German Great- Grandfather, come on the Germans!

If Spain win it would be the first World Cup final without any of Argentina, Italy, Brazil or (West) Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Big decision by Del Bosque, wouldn't surprise me to see Torres coming on at about the same time as he's been going off lately. Could be just the booster he needs to go on and score too, being used as the man to get the goal to out Spain through. Surprised Cesc isn't starting tbh, I thought he gave a nice change to the side when coming on, and added a bit of extra balance. Ideally, Spain will be behind in last 15 mins, Del Bosque will lose the head, send on Cesc and Llorente, and go gung ho on the German backline for 15 mins, tear them to shreds and Spain win.

Heart says a win for Spain (hopefully), 2-1 with Torres scoring :)

Head says Germany might just edge a very close contest 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

redout wrote: »
    oh get over yourself.

EDIT: Just to clear this up the OP originally did have Deutschland and not Germany but when previewed it appeared awfully lopsided considering the length of the word as opposed to the other country name and not centred like the rest of the post (the entire post is centred) so it was decided to replace it with Germany and thus keep it as close as possible to centred like the rest of the post. I would also like to add that I dont have to explain myself to anyone on this forum least of all a poster who is more concerned with getting in a snide remark and trying to be funny.

LoL +1 for silliest post since iv joined Boards:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Busquests plays as well in this one as he has in most games Spain will win it imo. He is so important to Spain with the speed that this German team break at.

Eamo is right about Germany, Podolski and Ozil don't close down and tackle players in midfield. They don't play like Paraguay either, and will let Spain come at them.

That spells out T-R-O-U-B-L-E for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Pretty much every team Spain have played have had a defend first approach and I reckon playing Germany could suit them.

Advertisement