Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skerries 100 road race pics

• 03-07-2010 9:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

We went up to Skeries for the Skerries 100 road race event today.Sunny day and packed with spectators and all sorts of mad and wonderfull bikes.500bhp turboed and nitrosed road going Bussa was just mental [:)]
    Was a great days racing untill about 3 pm today when an accident involving 2 bikes cliping off each other caused a rider fatality.The fatality happened on the run down from the start/finish line to the 1st corner.
    Racing naturally suspended and the event was canceled as a mark of respect.
    A very subdued and somber atmosphere from everyone as this unfolded.
    Shock from alot of people,as the fatal accident more or less happened in front of the grandstand and alot of spectators lining the fields too.

Both bikes clipped each other at around 100mph while they were braking hard for the 1st corner.

1 of the bikes left the course,smashed through the hay bales and ropes and struck a spectator.Spectator is seriously ill in hospital.

The rider was tragicly killed at the scene.

Hope the spectator will make a speedy and full recovery.

Thoughts and prayers with all involved in this tragic accident and their families too.
    RIP...Thoughts and prayers with the riders and their families.

DSCF4334.jpg
    DSCF4338.jpg
    DSCF4339.jpg
    DSCF4341.jpg
    DSCF4342.jpg
    DSCF4346.jpg
    DSCF4344.jpg
    DSCF4349.jpg
    DSCF4351.jpg
    DSCF4354.jpg
    DSCF4355.jpg
    DSCF4360.jpg
    DSCF4364.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

paddy147 wrote: »
    We went up to Skeries for the Skerries 100 road race event today.Sunny day and packed with spectators and all sorts of mad and wonderfull bikes.500bhp turboed and nitrosed road going Bussa was just mental [:)]
    Was a great days racing untill about 3 pm today when an accident involving 2 bikes cliping off each other caused a rider fatality.The fatality happened on the run down from the start/finish line to the 1st corner.
    Racing naturally suspended and the event was canceled as a mark of respect.
    A very subdued and somber atmosphere from everyone as this unfolded.
    Shock from alot of people,as the fatal accident more or less happened in front of the grandstand and alot of spectators lining the fields too.

Both bikes clipped each other at around 100mph while they were braking hard for the 1st corner.

1 of the bikes left the course,smashed through the hay bales and ropes and struck a spectator.Spectator is seriously ill in hospital.

The rider was tragicly killed at the scene.

Hope the spectator will make a speedy and full recovery.

Thoughts and prayers with all involved in this tragic accident and their families too.
    RIP...Thoughts and prayers with the riders and their families.

Yet you feel it is respectful to post an image from the crash scene in two separate threads...???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

bangbang......I didnt post anything to dissrespect anyone or offend anyone.

I took the pic quite some time after the accident happened and all involved had been removed to hospital.It was a general shot of the area and run down to the 1st corner,thats all.

Its from a distance and it doesnt show anything.
    The pic was also taken well after the riders/people involved were taken to hospital.
    There were at least 4 Red Cross Ambulances still there on standby at the scene just incase there were any other casualties that were not known about at the time,people needing treatment for shock etc etc.).

I,ll leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

paddy147 wrote: »
    bangbang......I didnt post anything to dissrespect anyone or offend anyone.

I took the pic quite some time after the accident happened and all involved had been removed to hospital.It was a general shot of the area and run down to the 1st corner,thats all.

Its from a distance and it doesnt show anything.
    The pic was also taken well after the riders/people involved were taken to hospital.
    There were at least 4 Red Cross Ambulances still there on standby at the scene just incase there were any other casualties that were not known about at the time,people needing treatment for shock etc etc.).

I,ll leave it at that.

I'm not getting caught up with a text debate paddy147, but I can tell you your information is incorrect.

I think this thread should be locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I don't think you did anything wrong Paddy ...its a terrible thing to happen, nice set of pics.

just hope the muppets who want to ban road races wont jump all over this and the "law makers" for once listen to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

im sorry but i dont see anything disrespectful about the shots.
    it give people an idea of the lay of the land, and bikes, but shows nothing in detail of what happended and shows no detail of any crash or injuries.
    but gives an idea of what the area is like for people who were not there.

Rip to the biker.
    hope the spectator is not to seriously injured.

and did you have to quote every single picture in your response Bang Bang?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

rameire wrote: »
    im sorry but i dont see anything disrespectful about the shots.
    it give people an idea of the lay of the land, and bikes, but shows nothing in detail of what happended and shows no detail of any crash or injuries.
    but gives an idea of what the area is like for people who were not there.

Rip to the biker.
    hope the spectator is not to seriously injured.

and did you have to quote every single picture in your response Bang Bang?

Pic removed by myself,even though it showed nothing of offense.

maybe bangbang can now do the same with his post.

Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Good pics there Paddy.
    I cannot see anything wrong in the content of the pic in question,it only shows the section of the circuit which thousands of spectators would have taken a pic, and yet you deleted it in case anyone is offended. Fair play to you Paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Thoughts go to the riders family. May he rest in peace.
    Up there with so many others from the sport. These guys live on the ultimate edge.

4759898997_a9754f940a_b.jpg

4760557108_35580e5b14_b.jpg

4760538400_7f4441827a_b.jpg

Photos from the practice here

Photo from yesterday's race day here

Advertisement