Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worms

Options
  • 03-07-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know a cure for a 4 year old with worms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go talk to your chemist and if they can't help you take the child to the dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

There is a strawberry flavoured powder from the pharmacy. Can't remember name but ask in there. Not at all pleasant to drink but make it a strawberry milkshake and drink one (without your powder!) yourself, might work.Cut nails too as that carries eggs if itched with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

There is medicine and tablets available. As we have a dog I'd worm my kids every so often anyway to be sure and they have no problem taking either medicine or tablet. Available in all chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 galgirl32

Hi. My dd had them last yr - a nasty nasty dose of them so you have my sympathies. you can get a syrup medicine called Vermox from the pharmacy and give her the dosage stated ( i think it's 1 X 5ml spoon) also, change all her bed sheets etc as they mostly come out at night, and if she has been scratching she may spread the eggs onto her bed - causing reinfestation. Cut her nails and have a seperate towel etc for a week or so. Flip her mattress and vaccum the entire room (if you have carpet) if not, mop her floor with a hot hot hot water and a small amount of domestos or bleach - this will kill any remaining eggs.

God luck with it - hope they are gone soon :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

As mentioned already, Your local chemist will provide you with eg Vermox, Everyone in the house must take the Vermox to guarantee the worms are not spread from one person to another. I think its 5ml dose followed by 5ml 2 weeks later. The Vermox will kill the worms, its the eggs thats the tricky part.

Cut and scrub nails regularly, change bed clothes etc etc
    You probably noticed that her sleep was been disturbed during the night, must be really uncomfortable for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Used Vermox on my 5 year old and it worked very well. I didn't go so far as to "worm" everyone else though one of my older teenagers took a dose just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

The source of the worms? That should be looked into as well.

Advertisement