Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for a racer

• 03-07-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

The last while ive been thinking of getting a racing game as Ive never really been that into them before. I downloaded the demo of Forza 3 and have to say it disapointed me.

The same gripe I have with gran turismo is that the game just feels so static. Its like the cars are glued to the track and the collisions just never seem real (nevermind the rubbish damage). It seems like a really in depth sort of game which id like but the actual gameplay seems off and just not very exciting. Another gripe I had with the demo which hopefully someone can help me with is when your in the cockpit view the drivers hands never leave the steering wheel not even to change gears?:confused:

I then downloaded the Grid demo. Straight away the gameplay seemed much better. The static glued to the track feel I had with Forza was gone and the damage that occured to the cars looked great but I from reading reviews and such it doesnt seem like theres alot to it and could become boring fast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    The last while ive been thinking of getting a racing game as Ive never really been that into them before. I downloaded the demo of Forza 3 and have to say it disapointed me.

The same gripe I have with gran turismo is that the game just feels so static. Its like the cars are glued to the track and the collisions just never seem real (nevermind the rubbish damage). It seems like a really in depth sort of game which id like but the actual gameplay seems off and just not very exciting. Another gripe I had with the demo which hopefully someone can help me with is when your in the cockpit view the drivers hands never leave the steering wheel not even to change gears?:confused:

I then downloaded the Grid demo. Straight away the gameplay seemed much better. The static glued to the track feel I had with Forza was gone and the damage that occured to the cars looked great but I from reading reviews and such it doesnt seem like theres alot to it and could become boring fast?

Blur Joe, its burnout crossed with mario kart and parawind, myself, lamports and others still play it. the likes of gran turismo, forza and all of that elk just end up boring me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

BLUR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

So your into track racers.

Need For Speed: Shift is fairly good.

Arcadey madness but nevertheless great...

Burnout Paradise
    Split/Second
    Blur

Rally...

Dirt 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

No harm in getting Grid tbh, not exactly an expensive game, and I definitely got decent value for money out of it.
    Besides that, I'd say try PGR 4 and burnout paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

TBH Grids drifting never gets old:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Playing the grid demo there makes me want to play Destruction Derby again. How come they never decided to remake that game?

Anyone here into Forza? How is it such a popular game? Do you not think the games driving/physics are really static and the damage detection is way off? When cars go off the ground in it its like there full of rubber or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

PGR4 is fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miralize wrote: »
    PGR4 is fun.

and cheap !! should be able to get it for 5 - 10 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, all I really play are racing games: Grid is decent for the price you'd get it, defo try PGR4, and Juiced 2 I thought they handled very realistic.

Forza's good, but it's a bit too much like Gran Turismo as ya said (good description btw). I was one part off having Blur and I deleted it after reading reviews. I only like realistic games (Just cause 2 would be bodering reality with the parachutes and grappling hook, playing against zombies/aliens or racing cars that don't exist doesn't interest me except maybe Wolfenstein..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Suit Up

Another gripe I had with the demo which hopefully someone can help me with is when your in the cockpit view the drivers hands never leave the steering wheel not even to change gears?:confused:

Possibly tiptronic gears, no gearstick required as the gear controls are located just behind the steering wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Theres a really good racer I have, its so hard I gave up after a week, i think its called sonic cart or something!:D

I joke, i think its called pro racer, its limited in tracks and cars but it is mental realistic and by the time you get to a bmw single seater it really is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Another gripe I had with the demo which hopefully someone can help me with is when your in the cockpit view the drivers hands never leave the steering wheel not even to change gears?

There wasn't an animation for changing the gears in the demo, or in the game when it first came out. Turn10 added it in one of the updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Advertisement