Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest time keeping a surface bar

Options
  • 04-07-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Just curious, whats the longest you've had a surface bar in for? Like neck or arm. I've got one in my lower forearm that I've had for five years last month but lots of people seem really surprised when I tell them how long I've had it in for.

I know there are alot of problems with rejection/infection when it comes to surface bars (and I've had a fair few infections) so just wondering what the longest anyone else had had theirs in for :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive had my neck done for about 5 years now.No signs of rejection so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

There's a lot of talk about rejection of surface piercings. Providing they are performed properly by a competent piercer, they shouldn't (yes I know there's always exceptions) reject any more than any other piercing. Depending on the piercer, piercee and location, any piercing can reject, but as I said and to echo what hellrazer said, a 5 year old surface piercing shouldn't be unusual.
    So for all you piercing fans who want to go suface but don't want to loose it within 6 months, find a good piercer, take the plunge and enjoy the bling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i had neck piercing in for over two years never had a days problem with it took it out to get a tattoo in its place

tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The older you get the less elastic your skin becomes so surface piercings that may not have worked when in your 20's may have a better chance in your late 30's

Advertisement