Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a female friendly club!!

• 04-07-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I"m looking for a club where i can train for fitness and self defense. I'm living in the Phibsboro area.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Tanya

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

I would say all clubs would be female friendly tbh ...

Depends what you would be interested in before we could point you in the right direction.

Are you interested in full contact ? Are you interested in competing ? Is it mainly fitness your interested in ?

You need to ask you self these and more before picking a Martial Art.

But don't let this put you off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I've never heard of an unfriendly female club!.

All clubs will welcome you with open arms, I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

In your area the one club that comes straight to mind is 'Red Star TKD' (click here).

I'd be 100% confident that club will tick all the boxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Hey there.

Amanda English runs a female only class in my gym, Informed Performance, in Glasnevin on Mondays and Thursdays at 6pm. More info on the gym is here www.informedperformance.com or you can give me a shout about it on 085-8320174

Amanda's a great teacher and the girls who train with her love it. The class is still quite small so there's lots of personal attention to go around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Bridgestone Muay Thai gym do a ladies only class on mondays

Really good reviews of it here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913608&highlight=bridgestone+ladies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Tanya1980 wrote: »
    Hey,

I"m looking for a club where i can train for fitness and self defense. I'm living in the Phibsboro area.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Tanya

This one is located in Fairview, which might be a bit far, depending on your mode of transport (plenty parking here though). The club has a good number of women training there at all levels. Training times for the summer are 8pm - 9.30pm on Mondays & Thursdays. During school term the adult class is 8.30pm to 10pm.

Good luck with your search.

Z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Massimo Giorgianni

HI Tanya,

I am running a Wingtsun Class in Dublin City Center ( maybe it is a bit far away for you.. free car park anyway ). In the group there are three girls and five guys.

You are welcome to join us anytime you want. More info at wingtsun.webs.com

Bye

Massimo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

The Irish Kenpo Karate Union (IKKU) have a club just up the road from you in St Vincents school (Glasnevin/Phibsboro) and have a good number of female club members and have 2 females on the ONAKAI National Squad.

Check out the website for details... www.ikku.ie

Paul Brennan is the IKKU's Chief Instructor and the St Vincents club is his baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 biffo34

Hi tanya,

There is a Ju Jitsu club in Drumcondra,
    you would be made feel very welcome there, but dont know if thats what you want...

01 8403949

regards,
    Darren

Advertisement