Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to abu dhabi.. any advice

Options
  • 04-07-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all.
    heading to abu dhabi in september for one year in with a group of mates, we are going teaching and have our jobs secured etc.

I have done a lot of research so far but im just wondering if anyone would have any info/advice/insight into abu dhabi or in the emirates in general

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

That sounds really cool. And to be going with friends too.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

ya its pretty cool.. its such an amazing opportunity, Im just finished college, my chances of getting a job here in Ireland is slim for the moment so Im thinking why not go.. im young, nothing here for me at the moment... the country is still in crap (and another budget looming!!!!) so I'm out of here!!!!

It will be great to experience another culture and gain amazing experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rebelcry

Hey maggie,

Lived in Dubai for a bit and my dad and bro still live in Dubai,
    Abu Dhabi is nice it is conservative but has a good social scene with irish clubs and GAA teams ye will meet loads an have laugh

up to 5k irish in the UAE all up so craic is good i was in dubai for last paddy day visiting and place is as good as ever

just watch being too drunk on streets especially in abu dhabi..... to be honest just behave within the rules an all will be cool

Oman is also worth a visit

Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Is this SABIS ? I got offered this last year but decided against it after l googled reviews on the job. Hope it all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

no it isn't with Sabis.. its with a school that came and held interviews in our college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement