Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting Diary

Options
  • 04-07-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

A rather lengthy debate on AH about the effects of smoking on society made me think about the habit and I've decided to quit. I've only been smoking for 2 years and I'm 22 now and hoping it'll go well. I only smoke 3-4 a day and don't get cravings even after not smoking for 2-3 weeks at a time. I'll keep a running score here as the days go by.

While I certainly don't see myself having any problems or difficulty, its not called an addiction for fun. Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition. Support and encouragement is always appreciated.

So here goes!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Have a look at some of the threads here; I found them a real inspiration when I quit a few weeks back. And all the posters on this forum will be willing you on!

All the best with it mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Day 1: 04/07/10

Not a bad start. Don't have any cravings and I don't feel the need to replace the oral fixation. I suppose it might be due to the fact that I was never a very heavy smoker to begin with. Even cold turkey seems to be fine. Hopefully it'll stay this easy.

Day 2:

Still goiing strong. No cravings, no loss in concentration or focus. And my breath doesn't stink. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Fair play mate, keep it up!

• Advertisement

Day 3:

Is it really supposed to be this easy?

Advertisement