Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Liquor] Spirit of Louisiana

Options
  • 04-07-2010 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Got a bottle of "Spirit of Louisiana" instead of the usual Southern Comfort, and it doesn't taste too bad. A 0.7L bottle costs about €12 (as opposed to €22 for the same of SC). Got it in Tesco. Not a bad taste, though it is odd compared to what I'm used to :D

Was wondering if anyone else has tried it, and what did they think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

i asked in tesco whats that cheap looking bourbon? she said yep its a smaller bottle but its bourbon. so i said ok.

turns out its a ****ty orange licquere. not bourbon. absolutely filthied with sugar and tastes vile.

I drank it all mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

As a broke college student I know it well!! :D
    I find it to be a good enough drink, Best used with a mixer like red lemonade.
    Would prefer Southern comfort but for the price its a good deal. The taste grows on you in time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well, can it taste any worse that Southern Comfort?

How to annoy me (it's not that hard):

"Ooo, I love whiskey, Southern Comfort is my favourite!"

STFU!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Well, can it taste any worse that Southern Comfort?

How to annoy me (it's not that hard):

"Ooo, I love whiskey, Southern Comfort is my favourite!"

STFU!!!!:mad:

+1 on that ... very annoying hearing people calling southern comfort whiskey :rolleyes: (not that anyone hear has done so ... yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

+1 on that ... very annoying hearing people calling southern comfort whiskey :rolleyes: (not that anyone hear has done so ... yet).
    As I can't say liquor without people saying "huh" as I tend to drop the R, I often say whiskey. Most Irish people don't know the difference, anyhoo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

the_syco wrote: »
    As I can't say liquor without people saying "huh" as I tend to drop the R, I often say whiskey. Most Irish people don't know the difference, anyhoo's.

I think you're confusing 'liquor' with 'liqueur'

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think you're confusing 'liquor' with 'liqueur'
    Christ knows. Pretty sure it's a liqueur, except I pronounce it along the lines of liqueuw when tipsy, so yeah, calling it whiskey satisfies most people.

Advertisement