Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in the media for the wrong reasons AGAIN

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

No twas in Sydney and I don't know if they were federal or state police. But it happened.

Never heard about, but if it was in Sydney it would have been NSW State. The Feds only get involved if the crime crosses state border or in the Airport/Ports.. they would be unlikely to be involved in pub brawls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Arrested for Resisting Arrest:confused::confused:

And I wouldnt read too much into Assaulted an Officer, probably scratched their batons off their thick skulls

they Tried this Sh1t on with me one night a few years ago in Brisbane, had to go to court to get them to Feck off.

apparently lots of people just wear whatever fines they dish out and dont question them.

My mate got a load of abuse from a copper for being *about* to jaywalk. This was in surfers paradise. There was no traffic on the road and he just stepped out. Anyway, got a load of verbal abuse from the copper and my mate asked him for his badge number. He was dragged off to the station, had his head rammed into a table and tooth knocked out and then 'good cop' came in and told him to fukc off or he'd be thrown out of the country. This was during the afternoon with no drink taken and he was with his gf at the time.

Now I know such occurrences are in the minority and it is more than likely these fellas were being idiots but I'd not *assume* anything and the details of this story do sound a little bit one-sided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The surfers paradise station was on some current affairs programme for this sort of behavior

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yep, Queensland, Lovely Place :rolleyes: Anyone catch the thing on 7 about hoons :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yep, Queensland, Lovely Place :rolleyes: Anyone catch the thing on 7 about hoons :D

The bloke who has studied/filmed bogans for 11 years that was quite the waste of time.

Where you the bloke surfing the top of the Ute?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah well in fairness who Hasnt surfed the roof of a falcon whilst cruisin down the Highway.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

I happen to know of a case of an Irish guy who got in a bit of a brawl one weekend and when the two police officers arrived... well they weren't exactly using minimal force to stop the brawl. One of them was so over the top that the Irish guy brought it to court and on the "hush hush" he's now in the process of being granted citizenship if he'll drop his case.

He probably wouldn't have stood a chance except the cops partner testified in favour of the Irish guy.

So the case went to court. Its in the public domain. And he is being offered citizenship if he drops the case? Come on - I think you have been told porkies.

Only DIAC can process citizenship and under the auspices of the serving Minisiter for Immigration and Citizenship. The cops have no imput at all and can not influence the granting of citizenship but they can provide grounds for the refusal of the grant. The only fast tracked citizenships are for federal governemnt jobs where the person needed is not holding citizenship at the time (usually we are talking positions within defence) or athletes who want to declare for Australia and require citizenship to compete for Australia. There are other cases (honory citizenship etc) but not for whats described above.

Think about it - case is in court - testimonies have been made - offer made drop everthing and we will give you citizenship - judge/cops/DIAC and most importantly Chris Evans are all going to play along? (Certainly DIAC would have to be made aware of it as they are resposible for the processing) All for some cop in NSW over something that happens every other night?

Even when the "blue murder" squad (remember that?) were around they couldnt pull something like that off.

Do me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

To hell with it, theres no such thing as bad press!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Zambia232 wrote: »
    The surfers paradise station was on some current affairs programme for this sort of behavior

An Ozzie man in his 50s went into SP station to pay rego for his son. I forget the details but Apparently he was subject to similar abuse, as he would not leave the station when told, seemed like the officer there did not want to process or deal with him and said come back later kind of thing. Then the guy requested to see another officer or his superior after which he was smashed !

There is also the story of the GC cops using Police Vans to go on bucks nights all naked, drunk and mooning civilan vehicles from the back !

They sure know how to manage their PR these GC cops !

Story of GC cop corruption every few weeks I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

myhorse wrote: »
    So the case went to court. Its in the public domain. And he is being offered citizenship if he drops the case? Come on - I think you have been told porkies.

Only DIAC can process citizenship and under the auspices of the serving Minisiter for Immigration and Citizenship. The cops have no imput at all and can not influence the granting of citizenship but they can provide grounds for the refusal of the grant. The only fast tracked citizenships are for federal governemnt jobs where the person needed is not holding citizenship at the time (usually we are talking positions within defence) or athletes who want to declare for Australia and require citizenship to compete for Australia. There are other cases (honory citizenship etc) but not for whats described above.

Think about it - case is in court - testimonies have been made - offer made drop everthing and we will give you citizenship - judge/cops/DIAC and most importantly Chris Evans are all going to play along? (Certainly DIAC would have to be made aware of it as they are resposible for the processing) All for some cop in NSW over something that happens every other night?

Even when the "blue murder" squad (remember that?) were around they couldnt pull something like that off.

Do me a favour.

Im pretty sure he is telling the truth.

A friend of mine was back home and got flown out by the Government to act as witness in this case. Well I'm assuming it is this case as its the only one I have heard of, of this nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure he is telling the truth.

A friend of mine was back home and got flown out by the Government to act as witness in this case. Well I'm assuming it is this case as its the only one I have heard of, of this nature.

The incident might have happened, but part of story where he'll be granted citizenship for hush hush, is the part that is hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

hussey wrote: »
    The incident might have happened, but part of story where he'll be granted citizenship for hush hush, is the part that is hard to swallow.

I actually heard the thing about the Citizenship also but it could be one of these urban myths floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

hussey wrote: »

Unless I see it on Underbelly then it aint true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

This was in surfers paradise

So many innocent backpackers have had issues with coppers there...from friends to strangers!

Absolute Bigots they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sounds like heavy handed cops who dont know how to deal with drunken idiots !!

Generally when you hear the charges .... stuff like assaulting a police officer (prob accidentally hit out at the cop while being battoned).... the newbie cop....accidentally drives into commissioners car - what was commissioners car doing there ? and was the newbie cop insured and fully trained to drive ?

Advertisement