Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bans in normal forums equate to bans in sub-forums?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

Hey, how come a banning in a forum such as tCN also bans you from FlirTar?

Surely it should only be the one, void of the fact it's a sub-forum rather than a single forum?

Thanks for any response :]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi.

It's precisely because it's a subforum. Permissions travel from parent forum to child forum. FlirTar is the baby forum of TCN after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Oh damn :(

No worries, I'll bet next time you see a big red button with a "do not press" note or a thread in TCN called "post here to get banned" you'll think twice though:D

It's a 21 day ban I think. Sarky is getting soft and cuddly.

Checking, you've pressed that button three times now... dude, there's a name for someone who does the same thing over and over expecting a different result...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

sceptre wrote: »
    No worries, I'll bet next time you see a big red button with a "do not press" note or a thread in TCN called "post here to get banned" you'll think twice though:D

Checking, you've pressed that button three times now... dude, there's a name for someone who does the same thing over and over expecting a different result...

It's a button that shouldn't work IMO, but we'll leave that to another Help Desk thread, or R&R rant :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

sceptre wrote: »

"Soft and cuddly"? I've been steadily increasing the ban times since I started*! "Soft and cuddly" my ass... I'll show you soft and cuddly...

*Except for that month where I just rolled a ten-sided die to determine ban length, but that's only a drop in the ocean tbh

• Advertisement

Whoopsie, the monster's awake, I'm out of here...:o (yes, I'm locking it:))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement