Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Mullingar? Bored or want to find someone for activities? Post here.

Options
  • 04-07-2010 5:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Well, this doesn't really count me, as I'm leaving the country soon (am here til the 12th, if anyone is up for what's in this thread). But the way I figure it is there's an awful lot of lovely people on these forums and everybody deserves the right to know other lovely people, don't you think?

Basically, if you're bored and want to find someone to just chill out with, or you want to go bowling or to the cinema or out for a pint, but everyone's busy, post here.

I know it's kind of a weird thing to do. And there's a lot of stigmas associated with meeting people over the internet. But keep it in the back of your head that you're just as likely to meet these people walking down the street the town is so small. :p If they're bad people, you would've heard it by now anyway, so what have you got to lose? Might have a few friends to gain.

So make use of a community website. No one will think you're a billy no mates, either, as we've all had times when we're dying to go out and do something and the usual ruffians aren't around!

Post here when you're in town and you want someone to talk to. Or organize mini-meets of a few of you for trips to the cinema or going bowling or going out for a pint. Or just let other people know you're up for whatever someone wants to do! Make the best of it. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

...well, I might as well start it off. :p (I have WAY too much energy for half five in the morning, but I'll stop after this, I promise.)

I'm only here for just over a week then I'm gone for what appears to be good, but I'm in town an awful lot and I'm up for most things, even corny stuff like going for a walk 'round the canal, fishing (I'd LOVE fishing) or just chatting about nerdy stuff.. or if you need someone to listen to you. I don't judge, and know when to keep my mouth shut! And don't think it's weird 'cuz we don't know each other (yet) but I wouldn't find it weird. So if you don't, I don't. I enjoy helping people and talking about personal stuff as much as going out and talking about silly stuff. Or if you need someone to vent at but don't like the idea of doing it face-to-face, send me a pm or add me to msn and I can be your own personal soundboard. Or punching bag. :p

I just want to meet a few more people to help me leave with a good memory of being here and maybe keep in contact with people to talk to about anything when I'm gone.

Drop me a pm or post back here if you like and we can organize something. Or can be same-day-one-hour-later spontaneous. It's all gravy. :)

I don't talk this much in person, I swear. Don't judge me from boards! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Scoti3a2

Hey Liah,

a few of us will be in mullingar on saturday to watch derry play westmeath in the football. can you recommend somewhere good to stay? we would be up for heading for a few pints too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Scoti3a2 wrote: »
    Hey Liah,

a few of us will be in mullingar on saturday to watch derry play westmeath in the football. can you recommend somewhere good to stay? we would be up for heading for a few pints too :)

Depends on where you want to stay if there are a number of you the Annebrooke hotel is doing good deals on apartments for up to four people have a look at their website annebrooke.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

There's the Annebrook Hotel, Park Hotel, Belvedere, Newbury, Greville..

Annebrook, Newbury and Greville are right in the center of town. Annebrook seems quite nice, probably the nicest of the lot (though I've never had a room inside, just been in the reception area and outside). Greville.. not my favourite place in the world. Never been in the Newbury.

Belvedere and Park are a bit more out of the way, not sure if it's really worth it.

I'll probably be heading out to Danny's at some stage Friday night (as I'm leaving for good on Monday and I want to have a good night out beforehand) so if you guys end up there say hi!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

liah wrote: »
    There's the Annebrook Hotel, Park Hotel, Belvedere, Newbury, Greville..

Annebrook, Newbury and Greville are right in the center of town. Annebrook seems quite nice, probably the nicest of the lot (though I've never had a room inside, just been in the reception area and outside). Greville.. not my favourite place in the world. Never been in the Newbury.

Belvedere and Park are a bit more out of the way, not sure if it's really worth it.
    There's the Austin Friar Hotel as well. The re-opened, and I'd imagine their rooms are cheap enough.
    I'll probably be heading out to Danny's at some stage Friday night (as I'm leaving for good on Monday and I want to have a good night out beforehand) so if you guys end up there say hi!

Good time to be heading out there! Hopefully they'll be just starting their world cup celebrations!

I'm in Berlin for the weekend and coming home monday. Really hope they're in the final.

• Advertisement
Advertisement