Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving certs of 2011

• 04-07-2010 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Ok everyone who is doing leaving cert in 2011 introduce yourself :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aoifey

Hi guys...im aoife and dreading it already :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Hi all, I'm Michael and like Aoife am dreading it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Hi, i've it done yup otta that ..... ahahahah:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I've done it too, but I could be back. :(
    Hello all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Its not as bad as you think it is going to be.. 6th Year is proberly the best year in school.. you will have some laugh with everyone and even the teachers. It will FLY! You will hear this about 100000 times but it does! Seriously! The year flew for me. As much as it kills you not to but DO NOT PREDICT! Just do the work through out the year and you will be fine! :) Im gonna miss school so much.. :(

Now if I had only followed my own advice! :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Hiya. I'm Naomi. Feel very old lol, practically a 6th year already. At least there's still the rest of the summer to enjoy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

hi i'm niamh. lc 2011 bring it on;) lol

jk dreading it:L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What the hell are ye doing in here on the 5th of July?!! :eek:

Will yiz go and enjoy the summer!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

agreed. the best thing ye can do right now is forget about it till september and enjoy your summer! but good luck nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Eavan Boland is quaranteed......FACT!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

gant0 wrote: »

Don't start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Hey im Sean dreading the LC like the rest of ye... cant wait to get the year over and done with tbh.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hey :) eh, I'm Sarah and like most, I'm sihting the LC. We're attempting to hijack this forum already? Niceeeeee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mystikal

Hha.. 6th year is awful.. But it does fly.. Going back and doing it all again in Sept.. :(

AND .. Nu hu .. not depending on Boland this year

AND I wouldnt advise any one else to do so either !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xAnnex

S'up, I'm Anne. Totally screwed for it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

a friend of mine said that some year there will be no female poet on the english paper and half the country will be screwed...i'm not trusting all these predictions!!!!

btw...i'm sine and for the moment, i feel like the leaving is never gonna come around next year!:)

3053345620_9fbf197513.jpg

:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Ma name's Mr C, if I don't get 600 points I'll be unemployed and poor forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

OMG, are. u . serious... Leaving cert is in 11 months.... n lets face it - if ya do bad in it its not the end of the world... Go enjoy your summer - its crazy worrying about it 11 months in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Oh dear hypothetical baby Jesus, I cannot wait to get this over with again.

Heyas. I'm Áine, 19 in a few weeks, and I shall hopefully be repeating in the Institute (find out on Friday!). I did the LC in 2009, didn't get my first choice (veterinary medicine), settled for my second and dropped outta college after two months.

This should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

tomtom101 wrote: »
    OMG, are. u . serious... Leaving cert is in 11 months.... n lets face it - if ya do bad in it its not the end of the world... Go enjoy your summer - its crazy worrying about it 11 months in advance!!

Moreso the whole year that I'm not looking forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Don't mention "guaranteed / definitely" and "Evan Boland" in the same sentence. Those words don't get on I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Ah you poor things - all of you who did TY will be kicking yourselves come October.
    I found the LC to be the best and worst year of my life for a bundle of reasons so here's the main things I could think of :

Good things :
    -You go out a little bit
    -You get on more with people in the year generally
    -It's (supposedly) the last year in school and the next year is constantly looming come January.
    -The LC itself is nowhere near as terrible as you expect.
    - The atmosphere coming up to the end of the year is always great -especially around graduation.
    - Boards can save your life at times so if you get stuck with something Post it on here - there's always at least One person doing the same subject/topic so you might as well ask them rather than trying to find notes online - people can explain things and break them down here when notes don't but saying that don't get too over-reliant - being on boards isn't studying.

Bad things :
    - The work load is horrible - you must know pretty much everything on your courses and most teachers aren't going to go easy on you.
    - Predicting anything this year isn't going to work so forget it - look what happened this year, practically every subject was shaken in some horrible way and few predictions actually came true (at least for most of my subjects anyway) but they're trying to get away from it so if you want high points you'd better study hard this year.
    - Unless you're healthy and exercise, you will be Constantly tired and feel worn out (and put on weight in some cases)
    - You'll feel guilty if you do anything but study

But as said, the LC isn't nearly as terrible as it seems, just work hard throughout the year and do ALL your homework - it helps immensely. Go out and have fun as well - if you want to go out on saturday night, go out and relax - it shouldn't be all work work work. Just give it your best shot, it's all you can do and the year will fly by and then you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

LC year was by far the best year I've had in school. It gets blown waaaay outta proportion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

The Leaving Cert is the WORST, most GUT-WRENCHING experience of your life. Everyday you'll want it to end and the work just gets harder and harder and HARDER!!!
    Make the most of the Summer, cus next year will be HELL!!!:cool:

LOL jk...its the best year in school, great craic, but seriously get the fup outta here and enjoy the rainy weather!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Have fun. I loved it, even the exams. Best school year ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Hi, I'm Christina :)

Absolutely dreading September - it's the homework that kills me.
    Would generally love school if homework wasn't such an issue - think I could even hack it for a little while longer :)

Just hate the way that every student is different and, some (like myself) could really benefit from using their evenings to go back over things that they want to brush up on. Sometimes I just feel we're given extra work to do for the sake of it, and, a lot of the time - the homework we're doing is of absolutely no benefit. I know that a high number of students need to be given homework as it counts for some of the only work they'll do the whole year, and, I know that some of it is beneficial.

I just don't see how filling up the Saturday of a 6th year with essay after essay is really helping them. In my opinion - it takes away from the time needed for students to study the areas that they themselves feel the need to go back over.

Abolish homework & 6th year would be a breeze for me.....rant over :P

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nicolala

Hi, I'm Nicola, and still blissfully in denial. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

Hi, I'm Adam, i drink too much.....ooops sorry i need to go to AA not boards!!:p

only jokin', going into 5th/6th yr next year! can't believe i'll be finished school in a few months though...it really doesn't seem like that long ago since i was in 1st year haha!:eek: i intend going to art college so if i work on my portfolio well i wont need to work that much on the LC basically!!!:D:L

at the same time i had better give it a good shot!!
    yes for now let's enjoy the rainy summer:)

• Advertisement

sligo. wrote: »
    yes for now let's enjoy the rainy summer:)
    I wonder if we were to abolish Oxegen, would that also prevent the phenomenon known as "Oxegen weather"? :(

Advertisement