Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM WIRELESS PROBLEM

• 04-07-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I had one of the old silver eircom wireless routers and it died recently so they replaced it with one of the new Zyxel black ones a few weeks ago.
    My problem is the wireless keeps going off every so often and its driving me crazy:mad:. Its defo the wireless router as I've the same problem when I try many different machines on different OS's.
    Ive tried everything like changing the channel etc. I think eircom know there is a problem with these new routers as the service tech kind of seemed like he knew there were problems with these new boxes as he stated many times
    "its going to be one of these new black colour boxes is that ok" with a worried look on his face and asking would I be using it for wireless "with these new boxes you have to use the offical power cord especially if your using wireless"
    Why would I be using any other power lead when youve just gave me a new one that comes with the box? Has anyone else any problems with these "new" eircom wireless routers ??
    or does anyone know what the problem could be?? TIA

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

once you changed the channel ( try 1 6 7 and 11) that should eliminate interference in most cases save maybe if you have a video sender??? Turn it off and test again. Is the black one a zyxel or a netopia

Download this app, inSSIDer, and perform a scan of your WLAN.
    It will show you if any other WLAN devices are transmitting on similar channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

NoDrama wrote: »
    Download this app, inSSIDer, and perform a scan of your WLAN.
    It will show you if any other WLAN devices are transmitting on similar channels.
    Thanks will do but its highly unlikely because as I said the problem only started since I got this new router.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    once you changed the channel ( try 1 6 7 and 11) that should eliminate interference in most cases save maybe if you have a video sender??? Turn it off and test again. Is the black one a zyxel or a netopia
    Zyxel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ICE HOUSE wrote: »
    Thanks will do but its highly unlikely because as I said the problem only started since I got this new router.

The new router may be using a different channel than the old one, hence there is interference now. It could also be that one router would suffer interference when another wouldn't, even though they use the same channel, because one of them is a rubbish router (Zyxel).

• Advertisement
Advertisement