Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whensmybus.ie - new Bus Eireann site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Seems better than the POS website they had before!!

the last one made me want to kick someone in the face! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Penisland wrote: »
    Seems better than the POS website they had before!!

the last one made me want to kick someone in the face! :mad:

You go easy there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Furet wrote: »
    this has been available for some time but maybe only for testing? a great idea though and very helpful to passengers

seems to be a few bugs in it though quite a few duplicates in there
    attachment.php?attachmentid=119009&stc=1&d=1278240471

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Good idea, some very useful functions, but the website layout is on the clunky side and not user friendly at all. I hope this is only some kind of beta layout and a more easy-to-use, clear layout will be put in place. Also, private operators should be allowed to have their services listed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

foggy_lad wrote: »
    this has been available for some time but maybe only for testing? a great idea though and very helpful to passengers

seems to be a few bugs in it though quite a few duplicates in there
    attachment.php?attachmentid=119009&stc=1&d=1278240471
    Its a start. I think it is good. On a different subject Bus Eireann need to start using the motorways to reduce travel time on the expressway service and make better use of their offpeak commuter/local services

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Search doesn't find some stops, eg Leixlip, Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

T Corolla wrote: »
    Its a start. I think it is good. On a different subject Bus Eireann need to start using the motorways to reduce travel time on the expressway service and make better use of their offpeak commuter/local services

The routes that BE and other operators can travel on are restricted by the licenses that they hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

KC61 wrote: »
    The routes that BE and other operators can travel on are restricted by the licenses that they hold.

I give you an example of overservicing on one particular route. The N4/N6 Dublin-Galway Dublin-Sligo Dublin-Westport Dublin-Ballina stops in towns of low density like Enfield/Clonard/Moyvalley/Kinnegad which are well served by a Mullingar/Longford commuter bus peak and offpeak at approx hourly rates. The expressway services should be allowed to skip these towns and allow to service major urban areas Mullingar/Longford. I am of strong belief that Bus Eireann is a good service but Enfield/Clonard/Moyvalley/Kinnegad have better public transport than some cities in the country. I looked at Navan and I think it needs to be adopted on the fore mentioned route. Navan has three bus stops in the town one for expressway and long diastance commuter services to Cavan one for shorter diastance commuter service and one for local town services This model should be adopted on the N4/N6 routes to avoid lenghty expessway services stopping at low level use service stops and shorten journey times. A stop on the edge of Longford/Mullingar/Maynooth should be provided for Expressway services a different market to commuter services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

T Corolla wrote: »
    I give you an example of overservicing on one particular route. The N4/N6 Dublin-Galway Dublin-Sligo Dublin-Westport Dublin-Ballina stops in towns of low density like Enfield/Clonard/Moyvalley/Kinnegad which are well served by a Mullingar/Longford commuter bus peak and offpeak at approx hourly rates. The expressway services should be allowed to skip these towns and allow to service major urban areas Mullingar/Longford. I am of strong belief that Bus Eireann is a good service but Enfield/Clonard/Moyvalley/Kinnegad have better public transport than some cities in the country. I looked at Navan and I think it needs to be adopted on the fore mentioned route. Navan has three bus stops in the town one for expressway and long diastance commuter services to Cavan one for shorter diastance commuter service and one for local town services This model should be adopted on the N4/N6 routes to avoid lenghty expessway services stopping at low level use service stops and shorten journey times. A stop on the edge of Longford/Mullingar/Maynooth should be provided for Expressway services a different market to commuter services.

I wouldn't diagree with you, but unless the Department allows Bus Eireann to vary the route that it is authorised to operate along, then its hands are tied.

Advertisement